Young Justice, Green Lantern return January 5th

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait are they telling me Green Lantern The Animated Series was probably going to do Blackest Night at some point?

Why must a lot of the good shows die young, while the mediocre ones go on and on.

2. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that the presence of the book on the shelf and the existence of Scar pretty much proves that Season 2 would have featured the Blackest Night. Probably after the emergence of and conflict with the Sinestro Corp.

Plus we got the first hint of the existence of Ion and thus likely Parallax.

DAMN YOU CARTOON NETWORK!

Plus I get more upset with each new viewing of DC Nation.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Scar? Is that the name of the scientist character in the comics? And who's Ion? Is that the life form within the battery?

I like it that they gave Lanos, aka "Lame-o," a heroic moment at the end.

4. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes Ion is the being in the green battery.

5. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Scott Snyder

6. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel your pain.

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

This week's GL was awesome.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Both episodes were great. It is annoying seeing so many hints of things that could have come about in later seasons and knowing that those hints will never come to fruition.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's the first time I ever didn't dislike Lagaan(sp?), sucks to be the rebound guy.

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Meh, I still don't like Lagaan. I wince every time he says "Neptune's beard!" That's a really stupid curse.

11. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

He is a lot better in the Weisman comicbook.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Young Justice just keeps getting better! Shame they canceled it. I'm glad the Light is plotting a betrayal of the Reach.

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Better than "Suffering Shad".

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping that Lagaan dies but i doubt it with just 2 or 3 episodes left.. That guy is seriously annoying. He's just a douche and adds nothing at all to the show.

15. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Look on the bright side, there'll be yet another Batman show.

16. CorporalCaptain

No doubt the execs correctly anticipated that a lot of people are excited about a new Batman show.

I'm not looking forward to it, though. And I'm even less excited about the new Teen Titans, despite the fact that I really enjoyed the previous show.

One of the things I've enjoyed about both GL and YJ is that they've been different. Too different and original to last, it seems. But what else is new?

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll probably checkout Beware the Batman because Bats is one of my favorite superheros, but if it were up to me we'd be getting a show with a character who hasn't had a solo animated series in the last 30 years, like Wonder Woman, or The Flash. Well, if were completely up to me, GL and YJ wouldn't be ending.
    I understand Batman and Superman are their most popular characters, but it would be nice if they spread the love a little more.

18. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I think it's been mentioned in this thread, but, I don't think it's about being to different and to original to last, but YJ and GL didn't sell enough toys. And that's ultimately why they are being cancelled.

19. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I dunno-- is it any sillier than "Great Krypton!" or "Great Caesar's Ghost!"? Actually most curses are silly once you deconstruct them.

Now, the constant aquatic substitutions for standard expressions (especially ones that didn't make sense)-- that got old. "It'll be a piece of crab cake!"

Still, I guess he grew on me because between his goofy puffer-fish ability, his unimposing code name (what kind of name is "Lagoon Boy"??!!?) and his general attitude, I didn't expect much out of the character. I expected him to be the team joke, the lame-o who barely pulls his weight -- and it turned out he was pretty darn effective. Even if he's still a jerk.

20. CorporalCaptain

Right, I read that. I wasn't exactly making a factual claim, so much as just venting, in the form of stereotypical nerd rage (in a manner that I'd hoped would have come through clearly enough to read).

However, in all seriousness, perhaps the shows being too off-beat had something to do with the toys not selling?

Or, more precisely, perhaps it was a combination of the shows' audiences simply not demanding the toys that were supplied, and of people who buy such toys not being interested in those shows in particular. I don't really know, because I never even saw the toys. It's a foregone conclusion that I wouldn't have bought them, unless they just happened to be some exquisitely crafted collectibles.