12th Doctor Changes - Predictions

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Nick Ryder, Jun 22, 2013.

1. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Sometimes, that actually does a good job of highlighting the distinctions between Doctors. I can think of at least 2 stories where Peter Davison played the role originally written for Tom Baker-- "Kinda" & "The Five Doctors." In both cases, there are instances of dialogue that, on the surface, sounds very Tom Baker but Davison delivers them in very much his own way. Lines that Baker would have thrown away, Davison delivers with earnest sincerity.

2. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm kinda looking forward to the new guy - whoever he is - the more I think about it, that's kind of one of the cool things about Doctor Who - is that the main lead can completely change and its still the same show - just a bit different feeling. Even with personalities and styles completely changing the Doctor's still the Doctor. And I do like that with 9's regen into 10 they did at least have Rose wonder a bit about 10. Was he the same guy? Did she even like the new guy? I think while she may have had some kind of smidge of attraction to 9, I don't think she cared for him to the point of choosing him over Mickey that 10 had with her. And honestly I think it was the age thing. 9 seemed older, granted he's older yet as 10 but 9 almost rose that 'creepy stalker' thing that I'm sure is why Jackie didn't like him with Rose - she wouldn't have minded 9 with HER - but not her twenty something daughter. 10 on the other hand, I think seemed closer to her age and didn't seem quite so creepy. I guess when you're 900 years old everyone's jail bait and there's no such thing as a cougar.

3. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I have this scene in my head where a very young looking Doctor ends up kissing one of his now older looking companions, like Zoe or something. Someone walks by and smirks, "Cradle robber." To which the Doctor replies, "Oi! Give me a break! When you're 1100 years old, it'd hard to find people your own age."

4. Nick Ryder

That's why I was always sorta hoping that Clara would have been like a regen and fob watched Romana or someone. But I kinda like the way they did handle it - which could be interesting since she was known to the other Doctors now. Wonder if she was always his 'girl that got away'

5. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now I hate Moffat even more. He really is a selfish bastard, he's just writing for himself. "I don't like the Master, so I won't use him, I don't like the daleks that much, but I have to use them so I'll turn them into the teletubbies toilets".
    Actually, I think ten dressed as nine could have worked. I liked the look. Nine as ten though would be an ultimate fail.

I've not actually seen the "pirate" Smith suit.

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I don't think many people have...

I agree btw, I think Ten could have pulled Nine's look off, but mainly because Nine's look is so basic.

7. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Barty-Crouch-Jr-purebloods-353601_1920_1278.jpg

10 close to 9... it works.

8. Nick Ryder

I still think the longer trench kinda works for the Doctor no matter what incarnation he's in. Sort of gives the profile of a doctor's lab coat.

Be interesting if the next Doctor actually DID dress a bit more like a doctor and they played up the science angle a bit more. Him wearing a lab coat more, I'd like to see the return of the specs, although a leather jacket/duster just looks cool and functional period. And if Jenna sticks around for a bit, I think it would almost be sort of cool to actually see him heh... mate with her. And then we can finally resolve who 'Susan Foreman's mother was. ;)

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I don’t think a trench coat would suit all of the Doctors, and you don’t want them all to look the same anyway. I remember when the wardrobe dept were talking about Eccleston’s look and they were talking about things like his silhouette, everything. So whilst I don’t think the 9th’s look is a great Doctor look, I think it’s perfect for the 9th Doctor. Sticking a trench coat on someone like McCoy would have been terrible, in fact I’m not sure even Smith could have pulled it off the way Tennant did, but then Tennant wouldn’t have pulled off the absentminded professor look nearly as well as Smith.

And I’m not sure if anyone else could have worn most of Pertwee’s outfits :lol:

10. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have three already and if this keeps up I'm going to need another Doctor Who coffee mug.

11. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Red TARDIS.

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Technically she can't die. There are millions of her at different ages in time.

So the women who gave Clara the doctor's phone number (The Bells of St John)could be Clara at age 80 or something.

I have a feeling we'll lose present day Clara but Moffat will write something that gives us a bit of hope like he always does.

Present Clara is dead but another one in the 60's lives etc etc