Veronica Mars Season 3 really does suck!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by bigdaddy, Jan 13, 2009.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow after season 2 I didn't think the show could really be that bad. Season 2 was watchable and enjoyable besides some of the insanely insane story lines, but what is up with season 3?

And yeah the thread will have spoilers, if you don't want them then why did you join a forum?

The episodes feel random. The different main stories wouldn't be bad, if they felt like one solid storyline, but they feel like random episodes with a slight rape story line thrown in. I'm up to the episode where the dean dies. This town has some really bad crime!

Then whatever happened to Veronica narrating thoughts through the episodes? She hasn't been doing that, I miss that.

Then the characters are destroyed. How many times will Veronica and Logan break up? Keith dating a married woman? Veronica used to be a strong independent woman, who would fight for what she believes in. She became this sad, depressed scared shell. Being scared of being raped obviously is fine, but it seems too much, too great of a shift from her strength.

Does everything bad have to happen to Veronica? Yes it's her show, but it happening to someone else for a change and not be around Veronica every little thing would have been nice.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Having a go at people in your first post, must be a record :p, nice to see you hate something else :). Personally I heard great things about the show and wanted to watch it though I decided unless it got a 4th season I would NOT waste time on a show with no resolution.

3. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

There's a neat little ending, but overall season 3 suffered from being "CW-ized". Network interference, it's called.

4. bigdaddy

I haven't watched the last episode, but just watch season 1 or season 2 through and there are no real cliffhangers and season 1 is by far the best. You can always watch it for free on TheWB.com.

Plus there might be a movie and or comic books.

It's a good show for the most part, so you should watch it. I got the whole show for only $50.

And yes I do go after those people that think Darth Vador being Luke's dad is a spoiler, that King Kong dies is a spoiler. The topic is clue what it's about so yes there will be spoilers in the topic, more so when the show is a couple years old.

5. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I never had a death wish on any character I had ever seen on TV. Until they "introduced" us to Boring Piz... Piz. Paired with teh Bitch? Gimme a break!

6. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished watching series 3 and it was a big step down from S1 and 2.

Piz and Veronica - NO

Flip a coin each week to see if she is with Logan or Not.

Still a good show but not as good as it had been.

In fact the FBI treatment in the extras was better than most of the episodes in S3.

7. bigdaddy

Plus Piz? What a dumb name! However Veronica worried about how many whores Logan has slept with. Hello! You kno he is a women's man when he isn't dating anyone, yet now you worry about that! So Piz and New Veronica fit together. I haven't watched those episodes yet, but I heard about it when the show aired.

I watched another episode and can't remember it at all. I have 8 episodes left, and thank god it was canceled. Would really enjoy a movie though.

The show really feels weird on DVD. The past seasons the stories flowed even through the main story for an episode would be concluded in one episode. It's now "The dean has been dead for 6 weeks", like I have missed several episodes. It really feels like they planned a 30 episode season and then picked 20 episodes to show.

It makes season 2 look like gold. Season 2 was such a huge letdown from season one. However the second time around I enjoyed it a lot more besides the Kim, baby, and how the season concluded stories. However season 3 seems not to care at all about that. Dick's brother is a rapist and a murderer and no one seems to care. It's like nothing from last season, besides the one episode dealing with rape on campus, matters that much.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I loved season one.

I was disappointed with season two.

I don't want to see season three since I've heard so many fans say how it's the worse season.

9. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Yeah. I wonder how much of that was simply interference from the CW who were afraid that too few people had seen the first 2 seasons on UPN. (IIRC, there were a few rather major markets that didn't get UPN at all.) Personally, I keep waiting for Duncan to come back in some capacity (not that I really want him to. God, he was dull!). But I'm not sure what else there is to say about Beaver that wasn't already said in Season 2. I wasn't able to keep up with Season 3 when it was on TV because of my work schedule. But I've been rewatching it on DVD lately and I'm surprised at how well written it is. The story resolution is often crap but the dialogue sparkles.

10. bigdaddy

Oh yeah the show is still better than most crap. It feels like West Wing's later seasons, more so season 5, the stand-alone stories are often OK, but the characters become a bastard version of themselves and the overall story is rather lacking.

I bought season 3 just because it was $20 and I wanted to see how bad it really was. A lot of fans thought season 2 was really great and I didn't, so I was hoping they were wrong.

11. The Borgified Corpse

Yeah. Some of it was really bad. It was rediculous how many times Veronica & Logan broke up. I'm still scratching my head as to why they made Mercer the rapist despite the fact that they had established two different alibis for him. And if the dean's wife & Veronica's criminology professor didn't kill the dean, why did they both act so guilty? And why, if that T.A. killed the dean to frame the professor, did he then work with Veronica to try to clear the professor's name?

I was also bummed when Sheriff Lamb died. He was a good antagonist. And although I'd been rooting for 3 years to see Keith get his Sheriff's job back, I don't think that was the best thing for the series.

Really, that's the same reason why I don't think their Season 4 concept of Veronica in the FBI would have worked. I don't mind jumping ahead 4 years in the story but I think that Veronica & Keith both worked best as outsiders trying to solve the cases that regular law enforcement was too disinterested or incompetent to tackle.

And while I was excited to see that the writers had finally gotten a clue and added Mac to the main cast, it still seemed like she was rarely ever there.

12. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I loved season one and watched it in about a week on DVD.

I liked season 2 okay and watched it in about 10 days...but mostly because I was hoping to recapture the feeling I had with season 1. It wasn't as good, but it wasn't bad either.

I watched about 3 - 4 episodes of season 3, 'took a break', and never went back.

I need to finish someday...but wow, season 3 was lame compared to the others.

13. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Kind of similar to the boat I was in with the show. I actually rewatched most of season one with my family over break and was reminded of how much I just loved this show during that season. It really was brilliant. I think I saw half of season two and half of season three--neither impressed me much.

Fresh off seeing season one again, I do want to go back and give seasons two and three another shot. Maybe watching it on DVD all at once rather than week by week will be easier than trying to catch it on TV like I did back during its first run.

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Never could get through season three...watched season one and got hooked on the show and Kristen Bell then season two was medicore. I was intrigued about the proposed season four or spin off show having Veronica be a FBI agent.

15. bigdaddy

So the T.A. did do it! Oh brother! I just got to the episode where everyone dies, really, how many killings does one episode need? The coach and the police guy, sheesh. I didn't get to the episode where the TA did it, but this whole story arc I went "Well it can't be the wife or Veronica's teacher (I was hoping it was but knew it wasn't), so it must be the T.A. who read Veronica's paper and coupled it". That was way too obvious.

Sloppy writing, even if the network wanted to change the show around, which seems clear they did, the mini arcs could have worked well if they made ANY sense at all!

16. The Borgified Corpse

Honestly, I wasn't happy with how the main arcs in Seasons 1 & 2 were resolved either. Making Aaron Echols be Lily Kane's murderer feels a bit cheap since he's a character who wasn't even introduced until episode 6. And suddenly revisiting Veronica's rape in Season 2 after we thought it had all been resolved in Season 1 was stupid.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's talk of a movie to complete everything.

Frakk me. Piz got stripped of a dimension and they made "Dell" on Private Practice.

Veronica got sick of being hurt by real men (Someone with a personality and their own agenda, not necessarily good or evil.) so she settled for a obedient little slavish puppy like Piz.

his given name is Stosh?

Who needs a nick name which is the past participle of urinate if your name kindof sould's like it's already quite dirty to begin with.

18. bigdaddy

I liked how season 1 end. Who says that the bad guy had to be around from the beginning? He fit into the story line, but yet came as a complete surprise. I liked how that worked out. Season 2 I wish it was an mayors aid or some, but considering season 3 ignores it I guess it doesn't matter.

I just got to the episode where Pez and Veronica kiss at the end.

This is such a CW show, they kiss and Logan just happens to show up! Veronica is a baby girl and not the kicking ass and talking names type of the past two seasons. That's why she settled for a boring guy that will be a pet to her instead of someone who is his own man. I doubt Pez will be in the movie, he had promise but with so few episodes left I doubt anything will come from it. I wouldn't mind Pez, but he was in like 5 episodes out of 16. There was no character development at all, and that's a shame.

However I have seen him on Private Practice and it makes Pez look like the most in depth character ever.

19. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Yup.

20. bigdaddy

Me continuing my rant. Mac started liking two guys at once too? Dear god... awful.

And the worst plotline ever for the show, ever, makes the fact someone fell off a 50+ foot cliff, survived awhile, looked fantastic and gave birth like it was a true story is the fact that Vinny runs for sheriff. If he wins I will burn the DVD set.