Dallas - Season 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 15, 2013.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Yes Virginia, there will be a third season.

TNT renews Dallas for season three!

Fifteen episodes! Though I'm not crazy about them shooting for "early 2014" ... the numbers were way better when it premiered in the summer of 2012. I was hoping they'd put the show back then, even if it meant waiting longer for new episodes.

Also:

'Dallas' Renewed for Season 3 by TNT

2. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

it doesn't make much sense to wait till 2014 then not wait for the summer. But glad to hear it's renewed

3. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I guess TNT was happy enough with the show's winter performance. Either way this is excellent news! :techman:

4. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

It's great that it's being renewed for 2014. I love this series.
    The second half of the season gave me constant chills...

I LOVED the reveal as to who killed JR

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

We have to assume Cliff and/or Harris will get out of jail, or at least work their revenge mojo from the inside.

Plus the new, and puzzling, angle on Elena.

Outside of those aspects (and the couple other more minor ones), they're gonna have to come up with some new storylines. Will anything come close to S2 and J.R.'s plan?

6. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I'm not sure they can top this season (though, in all honesty, would the season have been as memorable if Larry Hagman and J.R. hadn't died?), but I'm glad TNT is giving them the chance to try.

7. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

as much as I love Duffy and gray they can't keep this series afloat with duds like John Ross, Pamela, Emma, ryland, the Mexican clan etc. It really isn't Dallas anymore.

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Finally saw the last two episodes last night. No big revelatory twist at the very end, but it was a good two hours and there were some good game changers.

Great interview indeed. It also answered my question about the actor who Pam's doctor. I wondered if Sam Anderson played the part on the old show and looked him up to see if he did.

I didn't know it was only renewed 2 days ago. I had it in my head that it was renewed weeks ago.

[Edit] Probably because of this along with something else I read at the time.

9. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is great news! I too would have preferred the show to air in the summer, out of the way of the bulk of the network shows, but I suppose winter is better than not at all.

10. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

How is Dallas: The Next Generation holding up?

Just curious as I was a huge Dallas fan back-in-the-day (well, up to season 8 or 9 anyway). Back then Friday nights used to be glorious with the Incredible Hulk, Dukes of Hazzard and then Dallas (of course once Hulk got cancelled and everything moved forward an hour I was forced to start watching Miami Vice on NBC).

Thursday nights were pretty good too. All Creatures Great & Small at 7pm (PBS), Buck Rogers at 8 (NBC), Taxi and Barney Miller from 9 to 10 (ABC) and Knot's Landing at 10 on CBS. Probably the most well-rounded night of programming ever.

Anyway, I tried watching the first 3 or 4 episodes of new Dallas and found I just wasn't diggin' it. Not knocking in anyway those who do like it, but I was wondering how it was holding up since Larry Hagman's passing (may he rest-in-peace)?

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

After J.R.'s death, his plan was front & center, so it was like he was still there in a way.

The next season will be telling, whether the writers & remaining cast can keep the interest going.

BTW, love the AV, but does it get any respect?

12. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Actually, it was starting to improve leading up to J.R.'s death. Season 2 showed that the writers and the actors were all much improved after the fits and starts of season one, and they all did yeoman's work in the wake of the loss of Larry Hagman.

13. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

season two was better than season one but it still was far from the consistency and quality of the original Dallas in its best years. Besides bobby and sue Ellen the other characters outright sucked. They were only interesting insofar they were pawns advancing Jr masterpiece. Now that Jr and his plan which served as a part of him guiding the show up to the finale is over well meh. Same goes for original pam's subplot,,,the "ghost" of an original character was more interesting than the new cast and the new characters were only briefly interesting not because of who they are but how they are connected to her.