Nimoyesque Spock Available For Fan Productions

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Spock Guy, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Spock Guy

Spock Guy Ensign Newbie

Hi.

This picture is a selfie I took just now for this posting. I just did a little makeup on my eyelids and brows, and nothing else.

If I did the whole Spock treatment: ears, uniform, full makeup and all, I'd look nearly identical.

My voice is there, too, and I'm 6'2".

I live in Connecticut, so I would be willing to travel to the Boston or New York areas to play Mr. Spock for anyone that would like an authentic looking, and sounding, Mr. Spock for their project.

I'm very disappointed with the fan-pro Spocks I've seen so far: they all look more like elves than Vulcans.

Also, is there anyone in the Southern New England area who likes doing Star Trek make-up and costumes?

Thanks.

Spock Guy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

I think you'll find most legitimate productions will be more interested in your acting credentials than your appearance.

3. northstar

northstar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Indeed, especially if your appearance is not overwhelmingy looking like Spock.

4. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Hardly a switched at birth scenario.

5. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

Hi Spock Guy!

You will find various threads here with Fan Film Production Companies who offer their websites to contact them. They also are not secretive about their whereabouts.

Be prepared though, a selfie and your claims, that other "doppelgangers" aren't what the fan film world needs might not be enough.
    Make a show reel with your Spock impressions once you contacted someone.

That'll be the time, where you'll find out, if the fan film world is ready for you!
    Don't make them find you - find them, show them, convince them! Await the answers!

And don't be disappointed, if you should receive a "no" for an answer. That's the way, life sometimes goes, my dear doppelganger!

Good luck!

6. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Probably not the best way to endear yourself to the fan productions.

7. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Captures Vulcan arrogance excellently, though! :vulcan:

8. aalenfae

aalenfae Commander Red Shirt

While there's definitely some resemblance (certainly more than most fan-film Spocks I've seen), I think he looks a lot more like Sarek the first time we see him in TOS. At least from this angle.

9. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Funny, I was thinking the Romulan Commander. ;)

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Vulcans have a second set of eyelids, do they also have a second foreskin?

I'm not sure if from an evolutionary stand point that would be because there's too much ####ing sand on Vulcan, or if it's just a last line of hesitation during Pon farr if they can't quite get to their mate fast enough, when anyone else will really do.

11. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

You don't look like Spock, and giving yourself the whole Spock treatment will probably take you even further away from your......goal.

12. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Don't limit yourself to thinking you'd be a great Spock. As suggested above, footage of yourself in a performance or even a scene audition is more useful than a single front facing photo, which isn't even a standard head shot.

Let those in charge of casting decide what type of character you would best be suited for. Spock's a pretty high profile role, so they're going to want to see if you can actually act first. If you have experience in performing, whether high school, college, community theatre, commercials or other professional background, let them know that too.

But don't limit yourself to Spock, or you risk being greatly disappointed, no matter how good you are.

When I auditioned for plays, I always aimed for a minor character, and always wound up with something better than I wanted.

Even if you don't get cast, don't give up if you want to participate in a fan production. They can always use help behind the scenes.

13. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

No offense, of course, but I'm just not seeing it, and I say that as someone who fancies himself a passing resemblance to Koloth (played by the late William Campbell):

[​IMG]

14. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^It's the eyes.

To the OP: If you want to play Spock, go for it. Make an audition video and resume. Get head shots done in makeup/costume and without. Submit them to fan productions.

But most of all, be respectful.

15. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Leonard Nimoy inlay proves your features are dissimilar to his, unfortunately. I suspect you'd probably make a much better Claudius, from the episode "Bread & Circuses" - I'd hire you, in a second!

16. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always confuse the Claudius guy with that other dude from Land of the Giants. :lol:

17. Melakon

Sorry, J., I don't see it, not a big enough smile. Trelane, maybe. :shifty:

18. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

Or Cyrano Jones...? ;-)

19. Melakon

Actually, J. would probably make a good Sybok.

20. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ooh, I'll take it!