The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Discussion

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by trekkiebaggio, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

TBBT definitely seems to be following that same trend right now.

2. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She's hot and not "intellectual" so she outranks every other character on the show. Of course Leonard needs to be validated by Penny.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

How so? Leonard has been in love with her since day one, he was jealous everytime she went out with one of her hunks and was the happiest person ever when they finally got together in season 3.

Really heartbroken when she broke up with him later in the season and after his relationship with Priya was done his feelings for Penny resurfaced (there were even there at times when he was with Priya).

Penny is just a little too immature to fully realize how good a guy Leonard is even if he's not George Clooney or whatever age appropriate guy is hot right now at that age. Let's hope her growth is fast enough and she realizes that she doesn't need drama in her life.

So far the show has confirmed pick ups for seven seasons (a rarity for any show to be picked up so far ahead for so long) but it remains to be seen how the show develops. The influx of new cast members definitely worked out and gave the show new life and a broadened scope. Let's see what the producers can come up with to keep it interesting. Currently it has settled on a good, middle level.. it's not as awesome as seasons 2 and 3 but it has occasionally brilliant episodes and scenes.

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's because like NCIS The Big Bang Theory is rerun constantly. It's on all the time on TBS and in local syndication. People have caught the reruns and have moved onto watching the new episodes weekly.

5. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I see what you did there.;)

6. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

I agree. The on-again off-again is getting tiresome. I would like to see them resolve the relationship and move on.

7. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought it was: "I see what you did there. Good one."

(The episode was just on, where Howard is being investigated by Faith (Eliza Dushku) for his security clearance and Sheldon blows it for him.

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Dare I admit that I find Leonard a little boring, too? He can't even enjoy his fannish interests without looking faintly pained and embarrassed all the time. He's not exactly the life of the party.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Leonard is very boring, yes.

10. FPAlpha

Which is why i hope his will they/won't they with Penny may lead him to be more self confident and assertive.. when they began dating again he was more self conscious for a short while and it turned Penny on (and made him more interesting then the wet towel he usually is).

May even be funny if he starts standing up to Sheldon some more (god knows i'd put his ass to the ground more than once if i had a roomate like this.. friend or no friend) ;)

11. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Actually, Leonard is a grade A asshole. All he does is stay hunched over making hate-filled, snide remarks about everyone around him if they don't have a pair of tits. Galecki himself doesn't come across much better in interviews either, at least to me.

12. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah he's pretty whiny, but in more of a bitter way than Raj.

13. Brolan

I saw him on Ferguson a few months ago and was not impressed a bit. Made me wonder how he could keep a gal like Cuoco interested for two years.

14. FPAlpha

Honestly i never thought of him as an asshole.. maybe people mistake being professional and neutral as something assholish and expect actors to gush over their show endlessly and praise it to high heaven.. i don't know.

Maybe he's got thinner nerves than what's usual for an actor.. i know that fans can be really possessive and rude and if you have been exposed to that for 8-10 hours straight during conventions or something like that you may get fed up and react needlessly aggressive.

On the show i don't see it at all.. he's got the part who brings everydone down to reality when they start to float up into nerd nirvana.. sometimes you need to be a little harsh and direct to show them they are overdoing it.
    However i never thought of it as hate filled or snide at all.. i like Leonard a lot and often laugh at his comments (and the others target him too once in a while).

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I don't see Leonard as hate-filled or snide, just self-loathing and a bit of a downer. He always seems to be caught in a perpetual cringe . . . .

(Just to be clear, I'm talking about the character, not the actor. I have no opinion regarding Galecki.)

16. Brolan

I assume if you use the character's name you are talking about the character. If you use the actor's name you are talking about him or her.

17. trekkiebaggio

I liked Howard going crazy :lol:

18. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It looks like they're setting up a Penny/Leonard/Sheldon's new assistant love triangle...erp.

19. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm not sure we're watching the same show, because I don't see that at all. Granted Leonard is far from my favorite character, but he's no asshole. I know a few 'grade A assholes' and even consider one of them my friend, and Leonard is nothing like them. What I think gets mistaken for snide or hate filled comments, is just friends giving each other a hard time. I do it to my friends and they do it right back.

If that's your measure of an asshole, than Sheldon certainly falls into that category as well for his treatment of Penny...and just about everyone else. Probably the only difference is that Sheldon does it with a great deal more of his own unique charm, in the form of social awkwardness, in which cases people give him a pass.

20. trekkiebaggio

I think it could be interesting. To me it's seemed that Leonard has always been quite insecure about his geekiness. He'll participate thoroughly but when he encounters people who aren't in geek culture he feels ashamed and wants to fit in with them.

Also, Penny has been Leonard's dream girl, but the reverse isn't true. She's never really got into the whole geek aspect, and there's probably a part of him that's always thinking "am I good enough for her?" because he's put her on such a pedestal. This new girl seems to actually 'get' him, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.