If you don't think Nemesis is better than Star trek 2009....

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by trek_futurist, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

There's just something about blatant idiocy that brings out our inner nerd. :techman:

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Did I just win? :lol:

3. trek_futurist

trek_futurist Lieutenant Commander

If it's possible to have both, then how is its main purpose to provide entertainment?

Can't that be done with much less effort? jersey shore entertains people.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Because the people in charge wouldn't make it if they didn't think it would be profitable. The same is true of every TV show.

5. MasuPu'a

MasuPu'a Lieutenant Red Shirt

Honestly, I'm wondering what exactly you are here to discuss. You started a thread constructed out of fallacious arguments formed solely from opinion, seemingly tailored specifically to piss people off as you also leave no room for disagreement and start everything off with an imaginary label of 'real' Trek fans. Your stance seems to be a rather self-righteous "I'm right and everyone who disagrees are fake Trek fans who are too stupid to understand real sci-fi." Even when people point out the flaws in your reasoning, you continue to argue with more opinion-based arguments. When that doesn't work you fall back to throwing out red herrings that muddle up this pointless debate even further.

What are you here to discuss? Because so far I haven't seen you 'discuss' anything.

6. trek_futurist

Profit can be had with much less effort and financial sacrifice. Day time talk shows entertain people.

7. trek_futurist

Sorry that you are philosophically illiterate.

8. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh for crying out loud.... If Jersey Shore entertained me, I would be watching that. It doesn't. Star Trek does.

I can not seriously believe you're now arguing that entertainment value and discussion of "higher" topics are mutually exclusive.

No wonder us Trekkies have such a horrible reputation in the real world.

9. BillJ

Not all people. This seems to be your biggest problem, you think people should be this soulless, homogenized group. Imagine a world where all that aired were talk shows. Pretty dull.

10. MasuPu'a

MasuPu'a Lieutenant Red Shirt

Considering that you ignored everything I said and decided to retort with an insult; I guess you just proved my point.

11. BillJ

This ones headed for a shut down :lol:

12. trek_futurist

If it is merely a matter of entertainment, as a few of you suggest, why not promote something that leads to the path of least resistance for ratings? Such as another cop show. Another forensics show. Another day time talk show. These garner much higher ratings than star trek ever has (hence the longevity of shows like jerry springer). With the exception of the 2009 namesake, of course. *raises eyebrow*

13. trek_futurist

Would you care to describe the differences between star trek and day time talk shows, since they are both merely for 'entertainment' and nothing more?

14. BillJ

Sometimes being unique can be enough to keep you on the air.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

You're absolutely right. And that's exactly why there is no Trek on TV right now and why there probably won't be for a very long time.

Trek used to be popular and make money, and then it got less popular with each subsequent TV series. It is no longer worth the investment to make more Trek shows.

16. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm ashamed to admit that I think we've fallen into this trap:
    [​IMG]

There is no way this guy is for real. He has to be fucking with us. Absolutely no way this can be serious. I'm grabbing another glass of Baileys and going to bed.

17. BillJ

I'm sorry but your simply trolling at this point. If you don't know the difference between daytime talk and sci-fi action adventure you're not as smart as you think you are. :rolleyes:

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I relocated from my living (where I was watching an episode of Voyager, btw) to my bed. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a laptop. I would just walk away.

19. BillJ

:guffaw:

I passed up sex with the misses to continue this circle-jerk. Off to bed.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Congratulations, trek_futurist. You have succeeded in losing all credibility. I honestly can't believe it took this long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.