Indie Game Development

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by Captain Kathryn, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I am in the process of making some indie games for Android and will also put them on a site as well in HTML5.

I'm trying to get some more followers, so if you have some time feel free to check it out. I currently have two Star Trek trivia games (they aren't very good though LOL, I just made them to test out uploading apks to Google Play).

Anyway not trying to spam the board, but it's sort of on topic since I made a couple of Star Trek related games. Also I don't know if there are any on here... but any indie game developers, if you have any advice let me know! :)

Anywho, if anyone is interested in checking it out, here's my stuff.

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee-Panic-Games/840425075972919

Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/CoffeePanicApps

Google Play Store (all free):
    (really weak right now, but I am working on better games)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=CoffeePanicGames

Also if anyone is interested, here is a super basic version of a game I am working on currently. Will have 10 levels. Here's a prototype:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ls1h8rv5...8-05_38_30_GooglePlaystoreV3_debug_signed.apk

Anyone else on here make their own games? Share! :)

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't mind getting into the Indie Game dev scene, but I'm lazy, and the coding I do for my day job is probably enough. Plus, my drawing skills are so terrible even by 'programmer art' standards that I'd be embarrassed by my own prototypes. Still, if my job ever goes away, maybe I'll dive in and see if I can pull it off as a full-time thing.

As such, I can't say I have any particularly useful advice. There's a decent thread on NeoGAF where indie devs discuss what they're doing, but I assume you're probably already on dedicated message boards for indies seeing as you're already making games.

I downloaded your cat game, but it didn't run very smoothly on my 4+ year old phone. I couldn't bread more than a couple of cats due to the low frame rate. I couldn't even really tell how the game was supposed to work, I'm assuming the goal is just to click the cats, which is a little basic for my tastes, but it's great to have something up and running. Seems like you're past some of the big hurdles.

3. Captain Kathryn

Haha the cat game is just a prototype. It will have levels and instructions. Also yeah the performance right now is awful, but will be fixed.

Maybe I'll post the finished version here when I'm done.

4. Otto Harkaman

Otto Harkaman Lieutenant Red Shirt

I didn't see any games on your page at Google play. I am curious if you are using Phonegap?

5. Captain Kathryn

Yeah I changed the company name so that link is invalid now haha.

6. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am not a serious "gamer," by any stretch of the imagination and I'm certainly no programmer. But, if I may, I would just like to say that I think it's awesome that you like to entertain people with these creations of yours! And for what it's worth, my advice to you is this: Don't Stop The Music!

7. Captain Kathryn

Thanks!

When I actually put out something that I am not ashamed of, I will link you to it haha. :)

8. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I look forward to it! From the looks of things, you're definitely headed in the right direction ...

9. TeknoNurd

TeknoNurd Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

After you breaded the cats, did you fry or bake them? :)

10. Captain Kathryn

^^There's an idea! :lol: