Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I have single [acc] weapons installed, but they're still missing the shuttles 3/4 of the time. Tractor beams won't work well as there are too many shuttles to take down. The only good counter I currently have is the point defense console, but that can only be triggered every 2-3 minutes.

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Then look for 3x[acc] weapons, you won't get 360° arc but should be able to compensate with good steering.

Graviton Pulse, Grappler, Theta Radiation Vents and Nadeon Detonator all have crowd controll abilities.
    Grappler and Nadeon Detonator you get from their respective C-Store ships and Graviton and Thea from lockboxes I think (or on the exchange).

Edit: oh and Isometric Charge is a good console to do some AoE/chain damage.

3. Uncle Sol

Uncle Sol Commander Red Shirt

With the Warp Core Engeneer DOFF assigned you can also increase your ship's power levels with Emergency Power abilities. It's great in a battle when I can increase my weapon and shield power at the same time.

4. Timelord Victorious

Tribble patch notes have been posted. It's like a season 8.5 patch, a lot of stuff.

The big one is the release of a new fleet holding.

my prediction of a Dilithium refinery was essentially correct. It's a Dilithium mine focusing on Development and Trade comparable to the Embassy.

Benefits besides new doffs, fleet warp cores and fleet engineering consoles will be discount projects to most fleet project requirements and stores.
    This should help with future fleet projects and our dilithium problems..
    Though to get those discounts we have to level up the mine first.
    Might be a good idea to prioritize the mine over the embassy for a while and focus completely on it once we have updated the main base to T3.

5. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Speaking of the Dilithium mine, here's a small piece of information, courtesy of a player in the TTS global channel:

6. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

7. PsychoPere

8. Timelord Victorious

Except it apparently got cancelled because of...

A BUG!!!

9. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Where is a good place to level for KDF? The story missions aren't cutting it anymore, which is annoying because I'm trying to do them back-to-back, but when I don't level I can't move on to the next mission :rolleyes: I know the mirror incursion is good, but that's only at certain times of course. I'm not quite high enough yet to do STF's, so that's out. The feds have the system patrols, but Klinks don't seem to have the equivalent. I don't play KDF very much, and haven't leveled this high with a KDF character in over a year, so I don't know what's up.

10. Timelord Victorious

Path of the Warrior is something they can do repeatedly.
    They have exploration zones and of course fleet actions.

11. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Doff. A lot.

I leveled my Gorn almost entirely through doffing, and then went back for the story missions. Kept playing my fed while the doff missions counted down. Wasn't really intentional. But if you doff as heavily as you can, the experience you get from it can fill in the gaps.

12. TheRoyalFamily

Grr...internet at my post.

Anyways, doffing works, if you aren't (temporarily) maining the toon you are trying to level. It's just too slow, especially before you get a lot of blues, or at least greens (which is hard, since the grinder takes so much dil...and before you can STF the best way to get dil is to doff...but you need the dil to get the doffs to get the good dil...I'm still mad after all these months!).

13. TheRoyalFamily

I said that, and then I crit'd five doff missions and leveled up :alienblush:

14. PsychoPere

15. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am close to having maxed out my number of DOffs. I bought the extra slots up to 400, and have around 380 now. I wonder if they will be adding the ability to buy more slots since they are adding a new type of DOff (miners), which means there will probably be assignments for miners that we can pick up at our mine.

16. Timelord Victorious

What in the world Do you need 380 doffs for? You should thin out the crowd a bit.
    I am betting you don't even use half of them regularly if at all.

17. TheRoyalFamily

He could give some to me. :techman:

18. Timelord Victorious

I have maxed out my doff slots as well, but mostly to have room for all the trash doffs that I need for the starbase and sell... erm, transfers through the exchange. :rofl:

19. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would acquire them based on which commendation xp I was working on, trying to match up the right requirements. I just never let them go after I have used them, thinking I man need them again.

I have rid myself of most common DOffs and almost all of my uncommon DOffs. Of my 380, Most are blues or purples.

20. Timelord Victorious

Same here, but if you look them through you may find that you have many redundant doffs that are hopefully not bound yet to you and will net you a lot of EC. I would aways try to keep my active roster below 200. That still leaves you 10 doffs per assignment slot on average.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.