Transformers Movies, why are they popular?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Overlord, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ROBE

ROBE Commander Red Shirt

Kids love to watch big robots beat the cr@p out of each other!

2. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've come to conclude that while the Decepticons are usually over-designed and look nothing like their animated counterparts, overall the Autobots ain't too bad. Optimus is optimal, Bumblebee works for me. Ratchet and Ironhide are the wrong colors but the characters seem correct. Megatron and Starscream never looked right but the interaction between the two was nice. Devastator was a disaster... that was one 'bot I needed to have some semblance of the original. Seriously, how fucking cool is Devastator? I guess if you had one as a kid, you'd understand. :)

Shockwave was kind of awesome, though. Although he didn't have much dialouge I thought he looked badass.
    Soundwave wasn't my favorite moviebot either but the idea of him perched in space listening to everything... that is classic G1 Soundwave.

Sure, it's not perfect but I'd always wanted to see a live-action Transformers series and until the next one comes along I'm satisfied with what we have.
    There is certainly some truth to that... but the core problem is evident in many spectacle movies. For example, when I rewatched The Mask (Jim Carrey) I was amazed at how little screen time he actually gets in "The Mask" vs. his mild mannered alter ego. Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon is another case in point... when I rewatch it I usually skip past the Shia job interview + parents' scenes.

3. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

...but superheroes and anything else on a fansite for sci-fi and fantasy fiction is 4srsbsns!!!

:rolleyes:

4. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds pretty good too. Music can influence what I think of a film I think. Dark had me from the prelude....

5. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

Sexy cars and sexy women.

Too bad I watched it because of Optimus and really nobody else. Dat voice *_*