What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

Well I've been off for about 6 mounths to a year now and was thinking about getting back to it, but some of the pre-release stuff I've seen and heard sounds like it fixes a few of my complaints with the game so I'm gonna wait for that. I've already got apparantly 7 free days saved up on my Battle.net so that should give me a bit of time to look around and see how different it is

2. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just got two games on the go, Dragon Age: Origins for the PC and H.A.W.X for the PS3.

3. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Playing the heck out of Dragon Quest IX now. A slime draws near! :techman: :lol:

They've kept the skill point system of 8 but added Dharma Shrine back into the mix so there's jobs as well.

So far I like it!

4. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've gone game crazy this week (more than usual). I signed up to the new Playstation Plus service, so I've been pratting around with Little Big Planet, Destruction Derby, and the two free minis, Field Runners & Age of Zombies.

On top of that, I've re-discovered my love for Call of Duty: World at War, so I've been playing a lot of Hardcore War, and am on the final mission of the SP campaign on Veteran difficulty.

All that, and I've still found time to sqeeze in some time on Modern Warfare 2.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Good call, it's a very good RPG on a console, but it's even better on the PC.

6. lllindy457

lllindy457 Guest

7. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Enjoyed it on the PC too. I've just completed Leliana's Song for it. It's a little short and not unfamiliar enough for my taste, but it did remind me of what I've been missing.

On another note, I've been giving KOTOR2 a retry, this time on Win7-64. Works for me:)

8. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

This time last year I use to play ST-BOTF a lot (and MOO2). But today I decided on buying Galactic Cilivization 2 (I know it's an old game). About to play it for a few hours, after watching my Eels win.

9. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I just picked up InFamous for the PS3; pretty cool game and I am already liking it better than a similar sandbox game GTA4 because there is no driving!

And I can dive bomb enemies.

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

But but but... driving is the best part, always has been in the GTA series :techman:

11. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

The real niftyness shows up when you play it again, and do everything differently. Will Sandra reconcile with her father, or run away and become one of the bums at the gas station? Or will you even save her at all? Will Paul survive or die? When will you choose to kill Anna-----you have at least 3 different options on that score? Where will you fight Walton Simons: in the undersea labs, or at Area 51? Will you find an entire area of Hong Kong you completely missed the first time?

12. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I gave up on GTA 4 because it got too frustrating trying to weave through traffic to catch a guy who can drive perfectly.

13. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Dragon Age: Origins on Xbox360. Playing as a human warrior, recruited the elves and mages so far and now busy in Orzammar. Although the graphics are dated, it's an excellent game so far. When I finish it (over 35 hours into it) I might replay it with a different race and class.

Puzzle Quest on the PSP. Matching gems is always fun!

14. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The chases in GTA4 were too damned scripted. In previous games you could do some nifty driving and cut a guy off in a few seconds... in GTA4 it played like a cut scene. You're best off just slowly trailing the guy until the game decides you've done enough chasing. Kind of a slap in the face to the whole concept of open sandbox gameplay if you ask me.

15. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

Warcraft III... I feel really antiquated and out-of-date compared to all of your shiny, expensive, high-end home consoles. My computer would probably catch on fire if I tried plugging anything more modern than early 2001 in.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

That much is true, the chases were immersion-breakingly overscripted, especially if you're a good driver and/or in a superior vehicle.

Overly scripted missions generally defeat the point of the whole sandbox experience.

On topic: Finished the campaign in Halo Wars, extremely satisfying experience from a Halo lore perspective (ZOMG, it's a Shield World :drool:), but also surprisingly fun in terms of gameplay (while simplified in many respects, the controls work pretty damn well - considering this is a console RTS).

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Just finished infamous(Fantastic game, not many games i will run through twice in one go)...now I'm back to LBP to try and get those last few online trophies, god i hate those online trophies things but the game is almost complete apart from those few hearted trophies.

So while I'm begging for those 50 hearts to complete that games Plat its either AVP or Ghostbusters.

Who you gonna call!........it dont mattter......cause in space, nobody can hear you scream.:eek:

18. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Currently doing a re-run of Mass Effect 2 (only this time with the Overlord and Kasumi DLC). Which is just perfect because I have other games that need finishing (and starting!). Including, but not limited to, Oblivion, Prototype, and Final Fantasy XII.

Yes, I'm procrastinating on video games. I'm just that awesome. :p

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Indeed, GTA 4 biggest problem especially when actually a few were unscripted but you didn't have a clue when that was unless you wanted to waste shit load of ammo at the sake of your driving while you shoot to test the theory out.

20. omegaone

omegaone Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Got Red Dead Redemption finally... :)