*~*~The Great J/C Thread~*~*

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Tachyon, Feb 12, 2009.

1. MilitantJaneway

MilitantJaneway Lieutenant Red Shirt

yup that would be me as well total J/C er. And I sort of agree with JustKate so my fics are usually post endgame. ;)

2. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Partial agreement? Woo-hoo! Hey, I'll take it gladly! It's more than I expected in this thread.

And it's very gracious, if I may say so.

3. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

So anyone have a favorite fafic? I know it's hard to pick just one but here's one of my faves:

Concerning Flight

4. es!

es! Commander Red Shirt

Teya,

I'm not really a C/7er but this pairing got me hooked first (well no wonder, I haven't seen the first half of the show when I had ben watching it for the first time). I can't express how much I love your C/7 fics! Unfortunately there are not more of them *hint hint*
    Or have you given up writing ff altogether?

JustKate,

I partially agree with you, too. I try to stay true to the characters, therefore J/C (nearly) always behave in my fanfic until they are back home ;) Or they have to have a damn good reason to cross the line while still in the DQ...

Kimc,

It's really hard to pick one! But in the connection to what I said above, Filling The Void by Spiletta would be my favorite! The author agrees that it would take J/C a lot to come together in the DQ and shows us how much would be needed for them to cross the line... all the moral consequenses included.

5. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In fanfic they do. At least in my fic. Tee hee. So I am definitely a "post-Engame J/Cer" myself. The canon did not bring them together, even though there was definitely something there, so I don't want to start fiddling with what has already been established on the series.

I personally always acknowledge the existence of C/7, but I would never kill Seven in my stories, or want to read one where she is killed. I like her and I aim to treat her respectfully in my stories.

One thing that I liked about Seven was that she was blunt to the extreme, and yes sometimes a cold bitch. That was her way and I did not find it offending in anyway. And that was the reason why The Doc kept these social lessons for her. So the woman we saw in Endgame was, for me, someone I had not seen before. That teary, crying woman was not the Seven I had seen before or learnt to like. So Endgame was not just one big middle finger pointed towards J/Cers, but it also ruined Seven for me.

But I like to think C/7 as I see Worf/Troi - anyone knew Troi and Riker belonged together, so Worf was a little phase in the between. And according to Voyager relaunch books, that is what it ended up to be. ;)

What comes to J/C fanfic, there are so many stories out there that I have hard time to pick one as my fav. :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  6. MilitantJaneway

MilitantJaneway Lieutenant Red Shirt

7. joyofvgr

joyofvgr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm not crazy about character death in general. I don't like reading stories where Seven dies or is hurt, either physically or emotionally. I don't blame her for C/7.
    I like the way you view the C/7 relationship as a little phase, Tachyon, I think I'll steal that view.;) I also agree that there are so many wonderful stories out there, it's hard to pick a favorite. This is a post Endgame fic that has always stood out for me. I usually post it when asked about fics I like:
    http://www.koffeeklub.net/shayenne/brianna/allswell.htm

I also agree with KimC that Filling the Void was good. I like Spiletta's fan fics also.:techman:

8. joyofvgr

OK. I think I need a life. So far I've already read all the fics that have been posted as well as the other stories by the authors referenced.:lol: I've even read a couple of Teya's C/7 stories. I thought Borg Do Not Gyrate was especially cute.;)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  9. Tachyon

I don't want to read about Chakotay's mid-life crisis either as an explanation of his relationship with Seven. Because that takes something away from the Chakotay I like. So I like to think that there were something real developing between them, but it ended before it truly began, because they were suddenly on Earth and their worlds basically turned upside down. :)

I have marked Mergara's story "Seven" as my fav on ffnet: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4285380/1/Seven

I have not read it for awhile, but I do remember that it was very well written.

10. joyofvgr

I always use the "mid-life crisis" as the excuse. It's great fun on the boards to get the C/7ers all riled up. LOL. But it's not what I really believe would work well in a story. I think you're right. The return to Earth got in the way. Also, I would like to think that if he had a real chance with Janeway that would win him over. I could see him just giving Janeway a simple goodbye kiss and being blown away by the chemistry, so much so it would be impossible to ignore. Oh boy. Don't get me started!:drool:

11. Tachyon

12. joyofvgr

Somehow I've already read that as well. Very nice. The only thing that gave me pause is that I couldn't see Janeway really seducing Chakotay until she knew Seven was out of the picture. But I must say the chemistry was perfect!!

13. Tachyon

I didn't see her trying intentionally seduce him, or that being her main motive to invite him over, but more of him (and her too) remembering what has been between them despite his involvement with Seven, and things just happening. :)

But what are your thougts about baby fic? I must say that I am not huge fan of it, but there has been good baby fics written. I do fiddle babies/kids in my J/C pics sometimes. Here is one:

[​IMG]

14. joyofvgr

I like Baby fic, I know many are really against it. Sheri has written the most baby fics I've read. That's a great fiddle btw!

15. Tachyon

^Thanks! :)

Me has never read this one! :eek: Me has to put it in bookmarks to get back to it when the time is better. :)

16. leola

leola Lieutenant Red Shirt

17. es!

es! Commander Red Shirt

Tach, I'm glad I could serve with a tip! *salutes*

As for babyfic... I am a babyfic-hater. The problem is, that it's just too sweet and too unrealistic. Everybody wants KJ to get twins. These authors usually have NO idea how much work a baby (one baby!) is. Then they make her to breast feed and captain her ship in between. Pfft.

One of very very few babyfics I liked is "One is for Sorrow" by Teya. This one is realistic.

18. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

Hi! I'm a HUUUUUUUGGGGEE J/C fan! BTW, love the OP's pic in the beginning! SO CUTE! :) I love fanfiction..very addicted to it. I was never a fan of Endgame, so I imagined a different ending by the fanfic. :) And just pretended that Vgr ended the way of fanfic. :lol:
    I'm not a huge fan of babyfic or whatever it's called, but I've read a few. And I did like Seven as well..I only bash her cause I'm jealous of her gorgeous figure. Perfect hair, perfect eyes, perfect, perfect, PERFECT! :brickwall:

19. es!

es! Commander Red Shirt

Welcome to the club, freak! ;)

20. leola

leola Lieutenant Red Shirt

There's a slowly growing bunch of Voyager fis on the Pathfinder site as well www.fictioning.net
    Not a huge fan of babyfic; I love the epi-add-ons that fix the gaping holes sometimes left. And I love post-Endgame fic and Endgame fixers... seem to have a real softspot for those ;)