Jim Kirk, "Superman"

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Wade, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^No, Jesco von Puttkamer (who was TMP's science advisor) wrote "The Sleeping God" in New Voyages 2. "Mind-Sifter" was by Shirley S. Maiewski. The two stories are profoundly dissimilar.

2. UncleRogi

UncleRogi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks. I no longer have the books, and age makes the memory...ummm...something or other.

3. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

That's right, it was "Grandma Trek." She lived in a town near me...never got to meet her before she passed away. :(

4. Christopher

^Never heard of "Grandma Trek." The only place I know the name from is "Mind-Sifter."

5. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

Never read Star Trek Lives!, then, I guess... she was mentioned in there as one of the creators of Alternate Universe 4, which I remember thinking all those years ago was one of the more interesting-sounding fanzines discussed in that book. Found a copy of the second issue a few years ago but haven't read it yet hoping to find the first, and lo and behold, here it is.

7. Christopher

I used to have Star Trek Lives! and read it several times (though I don't seem to have it anymore), but I guess I've forgotten the details.