New figures for 2010 including a look at 11th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ On the other hand, you could go to town on any number of hypothetical costume variants for the Eight, but unless he pops up again on TV with a different costume, I don't think we'll see any other figure of him with different duds.

2. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I just meant variants based on audio stories, comics, etc. Alt-media stuff, like with the blue-suit Colin Baker figure...

3. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I take your point The, but...
    If you issue too many variants, then too many people drop out of being completists, and the figures stop coming as they're not profitable, even though the people who've given up on buying Doctor-variants might well be happy to fork out for Ian and Barbara, or a Romana twin pack.

4. The

Well, I didn't mean in place of other Classic figure releases. I just meant, throughout the Ace's and the Jamie's there should be a Pertwee in bathrobe and shower cap (complete with Royal Marine tat!) from Spearhead or a Viking Regen-Tom from Robot, as well... ;) :techman:

5. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On the same token, we could have the fifth Smith variant of what weve seen in spy pics from Sarah Jane Adventures and the possible outfit change for Xmas special filming. Granted its a little pointless as its really only a few subtle differences in the costume texturing and detail.

But still, like we said after The Big Bang aired, an eleven in tux and top hat and one with a fez, mop and vortex manipulator would be awsome.

6. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

I think that any future Doctor variants should be accompanied by either a classic Monster/Villain or a classic Companion.

7. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

:techman: Love those suggestions! :techman:

I'd quite like a "Sarah Jane Adventures" retired Lethbridge-Stewart as well.

8. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I'd much rather have classic companions as opposed to monsters. Of course, they'd come in two-packs or three-packs and then I'd have to sell off single Doctors, or the Doctors from the sets if they were just re-releases. I've already got at least two of each Doctor so my preference would just be classic companion sets, much like the Dalek collectors sets.

9. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

Not sure the companions are really as marketable as the Doctor and the monsters. When you look at how many companion figures there are (with the exception of show runners Sarah Jane and Captain Jack), there really is not that much.

BTW I wonder if there will be more season 5 figures? I'm suprised a Silurian warrior was not included in the first set, and there's potential for a Cybermen variant (Not sure how it would work though). Plus the Centurion from the Fires of Pompeii set should be easy enough to use for an Auton (or Rory). Plus there's the Doctor in the wedding suit/hat.

10. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A Roman-Auton is definitely in the works. Someone fannish associated with Character Options has had his face scanned for the sculpt.

11. Demonland

[​IMG]

Not happy with this. Basically a re-release of Colin (albeit with new accessory) and a repaint of an Earthshock Cyberman for 25 pounds (Aussie keyboards don't have the pound symbol). I would have prefered a single carded Stealth Cyberman. Still I think I might have to buy it to satify my completist OCD and then sell off the Colin on eBay to recoup some of my costs.

12. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ That accessory looks like a TNG phaser :D And the head sculpt looks less like Baker than the previous releases, though that could be just an unrefined prototype there.

I wonder if there'll be an Amelia figure. She could be dressed in her coat & rubber boots and the accessory could be the little suitcase she packed in "The Eleventh Hour". :D

Another one could be River Song in that white outfit she wore in most of Pandorica Opens/Big Bang.

13. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

the problem with that is, it risks looking a little to much like Padington Bear.

Then agin the Doctor opening the TARDIS to find Paddington as he was when he was found in the first book

could be quite amusing.

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would imagine a figure of Smith in his new costume will be part of the S6 line.

I wouldn't think the Faceless Granny from The Idiot's Lantern would be marketable as an action figure, but they released one anyway. If she's marketable, than any companion, from classic or nu Who should be marketable.

15. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Blasphemy! :scream:

16. Demonland

I have 4 Colins already and I would prefer him to go to a good home than be imprisoned in a draw at my house.

17. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I have three Colins so I'll be giving this one a miss. The Stealth Cyberman isn't that big a deal to me.

18. The

Yeah, that's a waste of a release. Talk about pointless re-issue...

19. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Three? That's all? Don't you realize you need to have at least six of Six?

20. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The Sun

Former doctor who star sells himself on Ebay! Lands on hard times!

Now that this thread has become an unofficial Doctor Who toy thread can a mod please rework the thread title?