New Old Old TV Avengers comic out

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 23skidoo, Feb 29, 2012.

1. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

This one slipped under the radar - Boom! is publishing a 6-issue mini-series by Grant Morrison based on The Avengers - the TV series. The title is Steed and Mrs. Peel. I just saw #2 listed as coming out today at my local comic shop - but they backordered #1 as I think a few people missed this.

That's the good news. The bad news is for old-timers like myself because the mini-series is actually a reprint of the 3-part Steel and Mrs. Peel mini-series that Eclipse put out in the early 1990s. While it's great to see this back in circulation, it is sad for those of us who have the 1990 comic and even the 1967 Gold Key one-shot, and were hoping for something new. Still, by rights we should probably be "slabbing" the 1990 comic anyway, so it's nice to get reading copies again. I might wait to see if Boom! puts out a single-volume omnibus though.

(Good time for old-school TV comics - the Kevin Smith Bionic Man is out with a new issue today, and sometime in the next few weeks Dynamite's new Bionic Woman series is supposed to kick off too.)

Alex

2. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Avengers is one of my all time favorite TV series. I was hooked on it even before Star Trek; even though I was only about four when it started airing in the US.

Not much of a TV series turned comic book fan, though. I did read a bunch of the novels when I was in grammar school. I'd like to see them reprinted.