Favorite Star Trek Series/Show.

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by CmndrSela318, Jun 11, 2010.

?

Favorite Trek Series.

1. Star Trek

26.5%
  2. Animated Star Trek

0.7%
  3. Star Trek: The Next Generation

21.1%
  4. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

38.8%
  5. Star Trek: Voyager

6.8%
  6. Star Trek: Enterprise

6.1%
  1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Star Trek >>>> The Next Generation >> Enterprise >>>> Voyager >>>>>>>>> Deep Space Nine

2. Ghrakh

Ghrakh Captain Captain

tng
    tos
    ent
    voy
    ds9

3. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What is representative of Trek fans' views, according to you? And how do you know what Trek fans' views are?

4. ChadHydro

ChadHydro Lieutenant Red Shirt

+ 1 for DS9, love all of the shows, yes Voyager too, but I'll always leave behind something special on that station. It really was all about the relationships, the characters, and the serialization that did it for me.

5. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It depends on how you view Trek fans. Casual Trek fans probably skew towards TNG or TOS because those were the most watched, so the likelihood is that casuals like those shows and never bothered to watch any of the others. However, the hardcore Trek nerds, the sort that join message-boards like this, I could easily accept that we'd skew towards a show like DS9, one that delved into the Trek mythology to a greater degree. I'm not saying that's the case, this poll is clearly not representative of this forum, there's far too few votes for Voyager for that to be the case. I know that Voyager is not the most popular show around these parts and is often used as a punchline, but it has enough fans here to deserve more than 1 measly vote.

6. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Guest

My ranking hasn't changed but there are some things to note. I'll get to that in a minute.

1. TOS -- Is my favorite because it's the one that interested me the most.

2. DS9 -- Followed this one through to the end. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. Like all stories that have a beginning, middle, and end, when it was over, it was over. My interested in TOS was more open-ended.

3. TNG -- I watched this show every day in the early-to-mid-'90s but I don't feel much attachment to the series. With TNG, it depends on the episode more than TOS and DS9.

4. VOY -- The concept of this series interested me more than any of the others. In 1995, I wanted this one to be my favorite but its erratic episode quality was frustrating. After 1999 and Ron Moore's falling out with Brannon Braga, I gave up. I didn't see the rest of the series until 2008.

5. ENT -- Never really watched this one. Don't feel much of a desire to. And, at the time, Ron Moore's falling out was still fresh in my mind. I saw five of the first six episodes and it didn't grab me. I saw a handful fourth season episodes and they were okay, but they didn't hook me into the series either. "Demons" and "Terra Prime" were very good though. More of this and I would've been interested... but, as we know, it wasn't meant to be.

Now for the notation. I'm burned out on TOS, I'm burned out on DS9, and I've still had my fill of TNG. I've also watched various episodes of these series for Old Time's Sake over the years. Not only am I burned out, I'm even tired of watching my favorites. It's enough.

VOY is the series I'm most likely to watch these days because, with the exception of "Endgame", I didn't watch the series at all from 1999 to 2007, when I caught a few episodes on Spike, then I took a plunge and watched the whole series in 2008. Most of the episodes I'd either only seen once, over a decade earlier, or not at all. So it was kind of like watching a new series. Sometimes, I forgot what happened because of how much time had passed, so I didn't always know what was going to happen next. Since I'm not burned out on VOY, and had a long break away from it, it's the series I'm most likely to watch these days instead of TOS, TNG, or DS9.

7. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Star Trek>>>>>TNG>>>VOY>>>ENT>>TAS>>>>>>>>>>>>doing laundry>>>>>>>>>>>>watching snow melt>>>>>>>>>>>clipping toe nails>>>>>>>>>DS9

8. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

DS9
    TOS
    TNG
    Ent
    VOY

I can look past special effects and i prefered the crew interaction of the tos crew. No other crew bonded as well untill ds9 came along. DS9 was simply the most bold and stands out as good television and not just good scifi

9. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    Well as Godben already pointed out, TNG and TOS are generally considered the most popular of Trek series. This isn't opinion or "my view." Next Gen had far better ratings than Ds9. It also was the only series other than original Trek to make it to the big screen. I'm not arguing ratings or popularity equal quality, I'm just saying you can't really argue that Next Gen didn't have the bigger fanbase.

10. StarryEyed

StarryEyed Commodore Commodore

DS9
    TNG
    TOS/TAS
    VOY
    ENT

If all of Enterprise had been like season 4, it would rise to at least #3. Season 1-2 were very bad however and season 3 was utterly horrid.

11. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

Voyager
    TNG

TOS
    DS9

Ent

12. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

DS9... followed by TNG, and then ENT. I think.

13. Damask

Damask Commander Red Shirt

DS9: No other show comes close for me. Not sure why. Maybe because it's pretty much a novel. Or the characters and their relationships. It explored the trek political world better than anything that came before or after. Or that it just seemed to take chances and try things even if sometimes they didn't work.

14. Jefferies

Jefferies Captain Captain

My favourite is DS9 - no contest!

However, I'm also very fond of Star Trek, TNG and Voyager. I ended up voting for Voyager because I think it deserves better than trailing Enterprise the dreg of all Star Trek series!

15. Dark Dreamer

Dark Dreamer Ensign Newbie

I voted for DS9 though it is basically tied with TOS in my mind. I flipped a coin to decide which to vote for. TNG would come in a close third and the others I couldn't care less about.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Voyager. :) But I like TNG pretty much the same. :bolian:

17. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ENT: such a refreshing take on Trek, and I love Archer's character development from eager explorer to badass warrior. I also like the strained relationship with the Vulcans.

DS9: great show, and I really like the long story arcs. It was my definite favorite until I recently saw Enterprise. It's also quite similar in some respects to Babylon 5, my favorite sf show of them all.

TNG: after a rather slow start, I find myself very attracted by the unbridled optimism and idealism.

VOY: apart from the twist of being stranded alone and friendless in the delta quadrant, I found this show enjoyable, but not different enough from the others. Unfortunately I never could get as involved with the fates of these characters as I did DS9 or even TNG, not to mention ENT.

TOS: without it the others would never have been made. I can enjoy some aspects of the show, but the sheer sexism of it turned my stomach on far too many occasions. The show definitely shows its age, even with updated FX. That said, I've hugely enjoyed those episodes of Phase II I've seen...

Haven't seen TAS so I can't judge.

18. Cali

Cali Admiral Admiral

Another Niner here!

19. Orcus

Orcus Captain Captain

What's happened to all the Tossers, then...? ;)

20. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

As I like TOS, TNG and Voyager pretty much equally, I can't vote.

I enjoy TAS but it's not on the same level as those three. I found DS9 utterly boring once the Dominion stuff took over, and Enterprise didn't keep my attention at all.