The Captain's Table

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Drone, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/2x08/persistenceofvision182.jpg

If I have told you once, I have told you a thousand times. I DON'T DO POT ROAST!!!

Cheesy, I admit but I hope it will spur folks on to rattle off our favorite captain's most beloved morsels, be they breakfast, lunch, or dinner!!!!

And I expect a few true partisans, you know who you are, to come up with some treasures nearly lost to obscurity by virtue of being inserted in forgettable or worse episodes!!!

Naturally, original concoctions neatly extrapolated from her canon menu are welcome. :techman:

Edit: Drone - Please don't hotlink images from another website. Save it and upload to something like Photobucket to host the picture. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

There's always the PB & J sandwiches she served Ballard after the pot roast burned. ;)

I just had that for lunch 3 days ago. :bolian:

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know that, in the privacy of her ready room, Our Captain often ate teacakes.

4. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  5. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Clozapine 100mg
    Citalopram 20mg
    Valproic acid 500mg
    Caffeine

6. Drone

SIR, THAT'S UNCALLED FOR!!!!

Besides, even if you want to go down that road, can't you come up with at least a single crumb or morsel that could be characterized as nutritious? Come on, throw us a frickkin bone here!!:lol:

7. JanewayRulz!

:alienblush:

With Coffee Ice cream?

:guffaw:

(From that episode with the lady hologram and the knife.)

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Or Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute ice cream.

9. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

``Yeah, Bridge, I told you I'd be up just as soon as I finished breakfast, but that space-time anomaly we just hit temporally regressed my scrambled eggs, toast, and milk back into unbroken eggs, bread, and an irritated cow, so just shut up and deal with it. And me.''

10. teacake

Now I want coffee ice cream which doesn't readily exist here. However you can make it by mixing instant coffee into vanilla ice cream to taste.

11. JanewayRulz!

Better that than the Alfarian Hair Pasta from Parturition. :ack:

12. teacake

I wonder, was it really hair or was it like Angel Hair pasta which is not hair, unless you think of it as hair of the wheat.

Anyway if it was hair whatever.. it's no different than eating some other part of the animal. OF course maybe it was a sentient, intelligent, space traveling race of Alfarian folk who also eat their hair in which case it's a more adventurous fare.

13. Melakon

Is Häagen-Dazs available there? Coffee is one of their three original flavors.

14. teacake

No we have the fake version, Norgen Vaaz. You can get coffee gelato sometimes. But I've found mixing some nescafe instant into vanilla very good, you can get it nice and strong. I remember once when I was in amerrica I bought some Haagen Daz coffee and it was ALMOST BLACK, something had obviously slipped up, it was espresso ice cream. Since then I have often tried to replicate this. Super strong brewed coffee, like undrinkable, mixed in works well. This also works with vanilla yoghurt as we definitely do not have coffee yoghurt here which I remember existing in your land of coffee and cherry and grape (all flavours less used here or practically non existent).

Still you can get green tea ice cream all over the place here now and that more than makes up for this coffee fail. Captain Janeway, she who is to be adored, would not agree of course but I will just tell her that leaves more coffee for her as I will gladly give her all coffee products and content myself with green tea versions of the same.

Let me talk about food some more, blah blah blah blah.. OH WAIT that is the actual subject of this thread!

Look at this utterly pathetic meal Neelix has made, supposed to be a special occasion as I recall (The Void):

[​IMG]

Puff pastry with a dead bird plonked into it, single carrot, baby squash, drizzle and dirt. I would have made a fab little stir fry with all that, minus the waste of replicator space puff pastry abomination.

15. Drone

Neelix said it was the former with a rather gleeful malignancy right before the two of them threw down, but he was just yanking Tom's chain.

Shedding season indeed!!!

16. teacake

Well really what's the difference, eating animal meat, eating animal hair. Hair is less offensive to easy vegetarianism of the replicator age.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

One of you is more than enough for any normal human being.

Only Janeway would insist on a clamour of your clones.

18. teacake

She's insatiable :adore:

I like it when she dresses up in her Arachnia costume.

19. Melakon

Throw a teacake into a flock of pigeons. It will be devoured in seconds.

20. teacake

Why do you hate me Melakon why why