Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by The Overlord, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

We found out that they slept in separate rooms in Twisted.

She had her second birthday in twisted.

A late season one episode that was held over and aired in early season 2, which really frakked with her timeline.

They seemed to break up mid season three in Warlord, but they really broke up off camera in Fair Trade a handful of episodes later.

2. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I vaguely figured since Kes decided to have a baby with Neelix that they were sleeping together, but I have no strong opinion on this. It's vague enough to be open to interpretation. I think I may have had the impression at first they shared quarters, and then later didn't as T'Girl suggested, but for all we know Neelix was sleeping on the floor, or perhaps they even slept together chastely, with Neelix frustrated and Kes oblivious.
    That Neelix was oblivious to Kes's reproductive system does suggest they weren't intimate.

3. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Trek has never been shy before about characters sleeping around, I don't think they would be with Neelix & Kes. If they shared quarters or were intimate, we'd know.
    They wrote in "Twisted" Kes had separate quarters during the very first season on purpose.
    They were telling us from the start, they weren't.

4. Guy Gardener

Kes had surprise fertility and was scared that it would never come back.

She was going to have a baby.

If Neelix had said "No".

There was a list.

I'm not saying Harry was at the bottom of the list, but do you think that he at least ranked above Lon Suder and Michael Jonas?

I wonder if Michael can track his blood line back to a turn of the millennium boyband?

5. borgboy

That is hilarious. I wouldn't be surprised if Kes had a list for her alternate babydaddy choices, even if it was just in her head. The Doctor wasn't an option since he couldn't make a baby for her, but I wonder which guys were at the top of the list.
    Tom Paris is the one I'd prefer to be her second choice, but I could see her going to Tuvok or Chakotay just to help her out.
    This thread is getting more fun at least.
    This reminds me of years ago I found out a friend of mine had a list of potential husbands and stepfathers if her boyfriend didn't work out, and I was surprised to learn I was fairly high on the list. Not second choice, but considering I was openly gay I didn't expect to be on the list at all.

6. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gay people can still be sperm donors.

By "Learning Curve" it had only been 6 months, so by "Elogium" it would be like what 8?
    If Kes had picked out all those dudes as potentials in so little time while still with Neelix, home girl was a ho.:lol:

7. borgboy

Yeah, but my friend wasn't making a list of sperm donors, she was making a list of potential husbands. She was a beautiful sweet woman, every straight man I knew was in love with her, so I was flattered that I made the list, but bewildered that I made the list since I was openly gay.
    Considering Kes's lifespan, 8 months to her wouldn't seem as short as it would to us maybe. I don't think she really had a list, but it's funny to imagine. If Neelix had declined to father her child, the only child she expected to ever be able to have, do you guys think Kes would've given up or would she have asked someone else? I could see it going either way, but the more interesting choice I think is that she would've turned to someone else, which would've probably driven Kes and Neelix apart sooner even if nothing happened before the false Eloguim was discovered.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since she was overwhelmed by the idea I think she may have given up if it took any extra work, like finding a crewman while covered in sticky yellow stuff and forming enough of a connection to ask him to do the deed. BUT I think if the Doctor had appeared before her with a vile of donated sperm she would have taken it.

And I bet the Doctor was frantically working on viable holographic sperm as a side project during all this.

9. Guy Gardener

I had a friend who was dating the worst man in the world.

"I hate him! I hate him!" She said, as I laughed at her.

"You'll go back to him eventually. You always do."

"Why on earth would I want to wind up back with that ####?!"

"You want your children to match."

So, she did go back to him many, many times after that, but even later in her timeline, her children stopped matching and now she's quite happy.

10. Guy Gardener

Mystery Sperm?

11. borgboy

lol omg I love that! :guffaw:
    That's such a funny and sweet thought, that the Doctor was frantically working to make viable holographic sperm for Kes. I'm offically going to pretend that was happening off camera.
    agree that finding a father may have been too much for Kes.
    I can also see the Doctor making a list of his own for potential fathers and being really scary and cornering crewmen to get sperm samples from them for Kes.

12. teacake

I always admired women who had children by a lot of different men. There is something so fuck you, this child is mine about it. Like, yeah I'll take the child but since you aren't working out you can go. As opposed to woe is me, I am stuck with these kids. I knew a woman who had like 5 or 6 kids and 4 fathers of the kids. One time I was in her kitchen and 3 of the fathers were there and she was just ordering them all about, you pick this one up, you buy this at the shops, you.. and they were all drinking their tea she'd made them and rushing off to do her bidding. There was something magnificent about her.

13. teacake

I can hear him now..

"Crewman Saunders has an excellent ear for music!"

And other utterly beside the point points.

OMG..

Just imagine if he had done a power point presentation of suitable candidates like his conception power point and he was presenting this to Kes as she was all yellow and sticky and off her head!

14. borgboy

:guffaw:
    So funny. I can totally see him doing that, he would get really obsessive and take over the whole situation with no idea of how insensitive and inappropriate he was. I thought that the Doctor might pick Tuvok just because he wouldn't be likely to be a romantic rival given that he was a Vulcan and already had a wife. I don't think Tom and Harry would make his list at all.

15. teacake

Yes he would NOT pick anyone that he thought could best him in the rival stakes. I wouldn't be surprised if all the married and attached personnel were on the top of the list! They missed an episode opportunity with this one :lol:

16. borgboy

Gay crewmen would be on the Doctor's list too.
    The Pathways novel that Jeri Taylor wrote had a gay male couple that were both security officers, they only had a very small role in the book, but that was the first (maybe only?) confirmation that there were gays on Voyager.
    I completely agree though, that anyone who the Doctor thought would be a rival wouldn't be considered. His choices would all be gay and/or married :)

17. Guy Gardener

The Doctor violently opposed kissing other guys in Body and Soul.

18. teacake

Well I wouldn't give her my sperm, if I had any. Who wants to create a child they know they will outlive, probably before they even get old?

19. teacake

I would pay B'Elanna in babysitting to tweak his programming.

20. Guy Gardener

Did you know that there was once such a thing as Pink Kryptonite?