The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Rick got Shane off that bus surrounded by zombies and yet Shane was still going to kill him just because Lori started sending him mixed signals again. And he killed Otis. Shane's a little darker in character, dude.

2. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Were you responding to me? I'm not in favor of Shane at all. I was just commenting on the Shane supporters' double standard.

3. Dorian Thompson

Oh, sorry. Knee jerk reaction. The Shane caveman fan club on the other board actually does find the situation of Shane/Otis and Rick/Shane morally tantamount to a great degree. And they're not kidding either. :vulcan: They really lament Shane's passing. More than several have opined that TWD will fail in season 3 for lack of Shane.

4. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

"Shane caveman fan club"-- so true!

:techman::guffaw::techman:

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

In the case of McMurdo, it would be a show stopper, unfortunately.

Zombies in TWD can't climb fences, let alone pylons or mooring chains. And, as I said, underwater zombies would just be buffeted around by currents and get stuck in the mud or tangled up in seaweed (I think in WWZ they just floated around until they washed up on land).

Sounds similar to the people who used to think that Archie Bunker was a hero. :rommie:

6. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that had a WFT moment when Michonne appeared with the Chained up Zombies, what is she the Zombie whisperer? :wtf:

I have to say as a comic book fan (never read TWD) I don't want this series to cross into that territory.

It's bad enough our heroes pull off perfect drive-by head shots, head shots on the run and even headshots in general most of the time, let's not start taking it into the land of the silly.

7. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I lament Shane's passing. I'm not sure how the show will work without him.

8. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, season two mostly sucked even with him, so...

9. Dorian Thompson

Quite well, I imagine, if the Governor lives up to what I hear about him from people who read the comics. He'll be a better antagonist for Rick than Shane. Shane's death is the catalyst for realistic change in Rick's charcter. Dude, did you want Rick and Shane to butt heads over Lori for yet another season? More love triangle? A who's the daddy drama to play out? Not me.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Don't worry, it won't. If you look closely you'll notice their arms and jaws have been removed. They have nothing to attack her with. I think Michonne says in the comics that after a while they gave up even trying to attack her. As for why she has them like that, short answer: remember when Rick and Glenn spread guts over themselves to blend in? Same basic idea, but less messy and longer lasting.
    Considering that in the comics Shane was killed by Carl way back at the camp outside Atlanta, I'd say they got plenty of mileage out of his character. It was always going to end this way though as you can't maintain that kind of antagonism in an extreme survival situation forever and...well...Rick's the main character.

For the record, I actually do quite like how they're choosing to stray from the source material. It keeps those of us who read the comics guessing.

11. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not a fan of the whole 'who's the daddy' plotline either. Glad to see that they didn't go down that route. It would have made the show that much more of a soap opera... and would have dragged things down unnecessairily.

12. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I think they'd taken Shane as far as they could go. Though for a time I was expecting they'd have him run off and join that other group and have him stalking our crew for another season.

13. Dorian Thompson

Pretty hard to stalk a group that's locked down in a prison like settlement. I can see why TPTB decided against incorporating Shane and yet another group. I'm interested to see what eventually happens to Lori, knowing her fate in the comics. Realistically, how can they incorporate a newborn into this setting?

14. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

would have kept beth around. for those cold lonely nights

15. Immolatus

the only problem is, the family of the crew. I know if I was abroad an aircraft carrier It would drive me nuts to know what happened to my family, are they alive and were. Pretty soon you would have crew members telling the captain to drop them off on the mainland so they could find out

16. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I would have solved the problem by:
    a) having Shane snuggle up to Rick one night and have them both realize that Lori's the problem
    b) Lori accidentally killing herself because she's a useless, stupid cow
    c) Rick and Shane "comforting" each other and explaining to Carl that from now on he has two daddies.

Shane was a great character, he had to go because he wanted to kill Rick, but that didn't have to happen, the writers could have changed that, but they fucked up because apparently they think they have to follow the comics somehow.:rolleyes:

17. Immolatus

do you have any idea how hard it is to climb an anchor?

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Careful, she has a fragile ego. We may not see her return to the thread for days.

On second thought, go ahead.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

With all the location shooting and the limit on how long a baby can be on set makes it pretty impossible. Lori dies before giving birth or she has a miscarriage or the baby is born and then dies and becomes a zombie seem to be the likely outcomes. Either that or they jump ahead a few years.

20. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

^I'm wondering about Carl as well, I think he's at that age where he's going to grow anytime soon. It might be interesting for them to jump forward a few years, but would they really do that?