The Official Deleted/Alternate Material Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by CaptainBearclaw, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Pineapples101

Pineapples101 Lieutenant Red Shirt

2. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

Does anybody actually have video of the Sarek / Chapel scene from Star Trek IV?

3. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

I don't think anybody has ever seen that footage. TVH had the least cut out of any of the TOS movies and that is one of only 2 entire sequences that was cut. The other entirely cut scene was the one where Kirk & Saavik talk outside the BOP and it is implied she is pregnant.
    All the other cuts from TVH were line cuts of scenes that remain in the movie.

Hopefully someday before we die we will get to see them.

4. Grant

Great stuff!!

Some of those are really rare. I've never seen photos of the Vulcan child from TSFS and the baby actually touching the active torpedo in TWOK!?

Priceless finds!!

Thanks!

5. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

The reason I ask is because this is clearly a framegrab from a paused VHS:

[​IMG]

6. Grant

Well I hope that if someone has it they will post it! But what are they waiting for? The movie's been out for 27 years! LOL

7. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

Well, apparently I have a competitor, I was the official picture provider of this thread! :lol:

Seriously Pineapples101, great collection with some (at least for me) previously unseen pictures.
    Which rise few questions:

This is different from the other 2/3 pictures of the baby near the Genesis device, where does it come from?

[​IMG]

Also we still haven't determined the source of this other picture (first posted on this Forum by a user named LavianoTS386):

[​IMG]

This is one of the most interesting: the cut child from Star Trek III. According to what it's written below it comes from RetroVision issue #2, the same magazine with the other two Khan's baby pictures. Maurice you originally scanned the other two pictures, can you confirm? Was the whole issue dedicated to cut scenes?

[​IMG]

Well, at least there is no new or better picture of the Memory Wall scene from The Motion Picture beside those I already have in my page, this however is taken from a different source: Pineapples101 do you know where does this come from?

[​IMG]

And finally this is definetely from a VHS grab. Where did you find it? I've never seen it on Trekcore or Ottens (or here). Maybe we can reach the owner of the tape...

[​IMG]

Sorry for all the questions.

Maab

8. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

It was a few pages from the issue in question.

9. CaptainBearclaw

CaptainBearclaw Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Is... is there a leaked workprint of TVH out there? Is that where that framegrab coms from? My god, I'm learning more each day.

10. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

OK, I bought the issue on Amazon.com

[​IMG]

So, I hope I'll soon find out, however I ask: were there other interesting pictures beside those of Star Trek II and III already posted here?

Maab

11. Grant

That's too much too hope for. :drool:

I believe one person around here said they saw a workprint of TVH but it simply had unfinished FX and no extra footage, but I would sure love to be proved wrong!!

12. CaptainBearclaw

CaptainBearclaw Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm always more optimistic when it comes to this stuff. I'm hopeful work prints of some of these will show up.

13. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I seem to remember, in a Star trek II treatment, that the first idea was to have a highly evolved couple have Kirk and Khan fight--maybe Decker and Ilyia?

14. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Oh, I scanned all the pix from that article. There are some from TMP as well, I think.

15. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

Thanks Maurice. So I still would like to know where this picture comes from (posted by LavianoTS386)

[​IMG]

and this (posted by Pineapples101)

[​IMG]

Maab

16. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    I remember that, too. They were called Sojay and Manta or something like that. Very Superman II.

17. Grant

If we start talking about various script treatments and early unfilmed scripts this is going to get messy and off track, BUT it is an absolutely great topic for a new thread.......

"Unfilmed TOS movies scripts and treatments."

I'm just too darn tired too start one.

18. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

The development of The Wrath of Khan script is well told in an article from Star Trek The Magazine (Vol. 3 issue 5), also with some interesting storyboards of the unused versions of the script.

The Sojay and Manta version is detailed also in the book "The Making of Trek Films" by Edward Gross (first edition, Appendix 4: The Unfilmed Star Trek II)

I'm sure you know the good job mainly for the television series done by Dave Eversole (who is also a user of this Forum) on the Orion Press website.

However I fully agree, that's anoher topic, and I find it absolutely... fascinating.

Maab

19. Pineapples101

Pineapples101 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Captain Bearclaw - Grant - Maab - appologies for the late reply.

Im really at a loss to provide sources for a lot of those deleted scenes pictures :(
    But after a bit of searching, I now suspect I pilfered a lot of them from DS9Sega's Flickr stream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/7824694@N04/

The rest were either posted here (by people other than myself) or just from various google searches.

Im currently going through my files and have found some pages of a book regarding ST II cut scenes and have uploaded them to my blog here:
    http://movie-memorabilia-emporium.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/star-trek-ii-wrath-of-khan-cut-scenes.html
    Once again, I am not 100% sure where I got them, but if memory serves, I think it was Alex Serpa (of http://supermanii.com/)

I'll keep looking for more.

20. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

Don't worry, thank you for your input!

The pages you posted are from the very well done "Making of Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan" by Allan Asherman.

[​IMG]

(also another good source for alternate script versions of the movie by the way).

But the most intriguing picture is this one:

[​IMG]

PLEASE, try to remember! Someone must have a VHS of this deleted scene! Now I'll try a Vulcan mind meld to see inside your memories.... just joking :).

Thanks,
    Maab