There's a trailer apparently.....

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Transwarp Drive, Oct 12, 2012.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How clever. I really should jot down these pearls of wisdom. Got any more?

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

^ Better not, methinks.

And here's where I advise R. Star/Zombie Redshirt to refrain from backseat modding, from taunting about "getting emotional," and especially to refrain from throwing around words like "prick". Bad form, that last, and it'll get you a flaming warning if I ever see you use it again.

Here also is where I advise Transwarp Drive that, while the "Sorry, Sheldon" bit was kind of amusing, the "build bridge/harden up butter cup" bit could just as well have been skipped as unnecessary, and also that the part about "Aspergically" is getting into the same sort of insulting territory as did R. Zombie Star's use of "prick". Same caution about bad form as above.

Now back up and stop taking pokes at each other. If you can't be nice, at least be civil (which really isn't that difficult.)

3. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

OK after that diversion..........Anyone still holding on to hope that an official trailer might be attached to Skyfall next Friday?

4. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^^ I do!
    It makes sense, timing-wise, for a teaser. If not now, then probably with The Hobbit in December.

5. Transwarp Drive

Transwarp Drive Lieutenant

Mods, point taken.

Redshirt, I'm sorry you think I'm a pr!ck and I'm sorry I called you Sheldon, sweetcheeks and buttercup. I trust we can draw a line under this?

6. Transwarp Drive

Transwarp Drive Lieutenant

I know someone who attended the press screening of Skyfall in London, there's nothing there for us Trek fans he tells me.

Skyfall is supposed to be off the scale good however.

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll likewise apologize for my poor choice of words previously. Draw a line over it, under it, water over the bridge, under the bridge or wherever you want it, I suspect we can put this behind.

I really was curious to where you heard of this PDS saying they had a trailer, that was what I was getting at however in-eloquently.

8. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

are we sure its not PBS... perhaps we'll get a Cookie Monster style trailer a la this little gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmRlSwkPI0E

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The American release of Skyfall would make more sense. I base this solely on the Trek XI trailer was released with the American release of Quantum of Solace in November 2008.

10. KennyB

That's what I thought I remembered too.........seemed to work out OK for them last time! :techman:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  11. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I wouldnt be suprised if we get a trailer very soon as the tag line of the film is out.

12. KennyB

Soooooooooo whats the tagline?

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

"May 17, 2013. Darkness is revealed."

At least according to the facebook page. Which may be a huge scam (complete with huge scam competition to see the premiere in Hollywood) but I'm hoping not.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  14. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

If we have to wait until the 17th of March there are people on this board whose heads will explode. It will be very messy but entertaining provided you stand far enough back.

15. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

16. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Yeah I saw that but decided the likes count thing is a con.

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now that I've read and said "Star Trek Into Darkness" at least 100 times I'm suddenly in love with this title.

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I could see the likes-count thing being real. They're still in the preaching-to-the-converted phase of marketing, where they can play silly games with the fans and not get hit with backlash or worse, indifference. The stakes are low right now, since they're reaching only people who have decided definitely to see the movie, or decided definitely that they loathe it with the searing heat of a hundred billion exploding supernovas.

The approach will be very different and more traditional next spring when they start marketing to the mass audience in earnest. They don't dare presume interest among the vast majority of potential audience, who are certainly not paying attention to the movie this early. Most of the people who go to see the movie will have forgotten that there was a previous movie and will be mildly surprised to see a trailer for a new one, but as long as the trailer says, "more of what you liked last time," they've done their job.

19. Temis the Vorta

The trailer for the mass market, sure. Still too early for that.

20. Temis the Vorta

Oh for frak's sake, I just went to play the Sims and they're doing the hostage thing, too! :rommie: Got a message telling me to go Like the stupid game on FB and then they'll release new content, but they're being a bit more demanding - 300,000 likes.

And yeah, it's legit, unless some hoaxers have hacked the game itslef.

So is this the new Facebook marketing thing? Once is funny, twice is getting annoying...