Twin Peaks: The Review Run

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Joe Washington, Feb 2, 2010.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At the time, I assumed the wood carve was something his daughter made for him in grade school (it was a common artsy craft project in the 70s IIRC) and actually humanized him a bit.

Because Ben was emotionally distant in general and Leland was acting batshit insane. Furthermore, wasn't Leland Ben's lawyer? People want their attorney to be the calm one who makes them feel better, not the other way around.

(Disclaimer: I haven't rewatched the show since 1995 so my memory might be a little off in some areas)

2. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

To fans of the Twin Peaks: The Review Run,

Sorry about the long delay in receiving new Twin Peak reviews that has been going on, on my end. I have been preoccupied with college work, especially the finals. I can't say when exactly I'll get back to posting more TP reviews to delight you all. All I can say is that I hope it will be soon and that I still intend on keeping my promise regarding the Twin Peaks goal I stated in the beginning of my thread.

3. Joe Washington

Hey, Twin Peaks fans.

It's me again. I know it's been a little more than a year since my posting. No, I'm not ready to post new reviews. I have my hands full with other things. But until then, I thought you guys would like to enjoy this tribute to the series you love I found on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5jZgZLvXGE

4. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

It ruined creamed corn for me.

5. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished rewatching it myself a few weeks ago. This was my first time watching it on anything but old VHS tapes and/or a dorm room TV.

A few random observations:

I have to say I never realized that Lara Flynn Boyle had so many freckles. Hi-def.

I forgot how great a character Albert was. In some ways, he was the only character to have an arc on the show. He started out as the arrogant SOB who hated everyone and by the end, he seemed kind of humbled and almost a part of the "gang."

Ray Wise was even better than I remember especially toward the end of his run on the series.

I understand McLachlan's discomfort at the proposed Cooper/Audrey romance, but I think it worked better than the Cooper/Annie arc. If I had had my druthers, especially rewatching it now, I think the better course of action would have been keep it chaste, let Audrey have her crush on Cooper, let Cooper be...interested...but unwilling to act because of the age different and let a deep friendship develop that we could have thought might blossom into something more when she got older.

Beyond that, I stand by my earlier comments. They should have ended with episode 18. Cooper, Truman, Albert, the Major, etc., standing in the words. Albert's questioning comment about the evil that men do and then the bird. It all started to fall apart after that and, in fact, you could see it starting to fall apart around the edges even before that, with the food critic, Leo/Bobby/Shelley, Nadine's super strength, Donna's parentage, etc. Even if you like the cliffhanger ending (I don't) far too much else of the show was way off the rails by the time season two ended.

6. Joe Washington

You may be right from what I've heard about those episodes. But, to make my own determination of the overall series, I have to see all of Season 2 and not just the ones that involve the Laura Palmer murder arc. I may come up with an opinion similar to yours or something altogether different.

7. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

FYI, a super deluxe Twin Peaks blu ray box set, complete with Fire Walk With Me (which absolutely MUST be watched after the series, not before, as it will spoil the biggest twist in the series) and something like an hour and a half or more of deleted scenes from the series and movie, as well as a few new scenes filmed! I am SO excited about this, as I am a big TP fan.

8. Joe Washington

Hello Twin Peaks fans,

I just wanted to inform you guys that I'll be posting my Twin Peaks reviews on Nad's Reviews. Here's the link to the site: http://www.nadsreviews.com/. I'll be posting under the name Justin.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014