Anything being made near Sacramento CA?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by BrentMc, Aug 17, 2013.

1. BrentMc

BrentMc Commander Red Shirt

I'm a Trekkie with some free time and would love to help a production if there is one near Sacramento CA.

2. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Here is my map: http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/4.html . I know of nothing within 200 miles of you. However, you can participate in audio productions anywhere in the world thanks to the internet. And also, here's the question: what do you see yourself doing? Dressing sets? Building props? Costumes? Writing? Voiceovers? Cameraman? Handling a sound boom? CGI work? There are 101 things that go into every fan film. There are more than half a dozen in production between Southern Ca. and Las Vegas, Nv, and more in Washington State. For animation work you don't have to be close to the person you are working with, either. The guy working on the animation, Antares Rift (See F at http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/210.html ) needs help. He's far away, but in state, and his first segment looks fantastic.

3. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

We are always looking for visual effects artists for our productions. Location doesn't matter as long as you have a decent upload and download speed.

4. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

...and if you happen to be a VFX artist.

5. BrentMc

BrentMc Commander Red Shirt

I'm sorry I am not a VFX or animation guy. I was thinking more along the lines of in-person volunteering for someone who is "Handy with a screwdriver."

The idea of writing sounds fun. I have been working on my first fan-fiction story and if I get the hang of it it would be fun to try and write a fan-series episode.

6. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Sounds like you're a perfect candidate to join misfitsaudio.com

Check it out. :)

7. Duane

Duane Captain Captain

If you have any interest in being a "script doctor" (reading our script and helping us know what works and what doesn't) we'd love the help. PM me with an email address if interested. It's a sci-fi script but not a Trek story.

Best,
    Duane

8. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Believe me, I wish you were down here with that screwdriver. We're starting construction on the corridor set, and I could use as many volunteer hands as I can get.

9. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Find out if Excalibur is really building new sets. You are a long distance from Las Vegas, but not as far as you are from Georgia!