Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Sounds like you got the exact same girl I spoke with. That's exactly how she treated me. I actually found her behavior to be somewhat rude.

2. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Agreed, which is surprising since most people have reported their customer service on the phone has been great.

3. picard_2305

picard_2305 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Called Play.com again and they said they are still awaiting stock and it will be sent as soon as they get note saying that it is back in.

I wonder why Play.com are still awaiting for stock when people who ordered from Amazon.co.uk are already receiving their replacements.

They said I can return it for refund, which I dont want to do as I just want the corrected replacement.

Anyone else here still awaiting word from play.com?

4. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sounds like you've all fell prey to Rule Of Acquisition No. 1!

5. Glommer

Glommer Cadet Newbie

Today, I got the Steelbock Edition from Amazon Germany (the release date was pushed back to September 5th). I assume it only contains the corrected discs, but I can't be sure at the moment (my PS3 doesn't work).

I wonder if they fixed or changed things on the other discs, because each of the six BDs has the Starfleet symbol on it.

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

CBS probably added the symbol to all new pressings of the discs.

7. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just to confirm - I received the blu-ray's today (very sleek packaging compared to the DVD's!) and they have the Delta symbol on the packaging and discs. Amazon UK told me they'd be delivered by 11 September, they're four days early, more kudos to them for excellent customer service!

8. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

I just got an email notification from my condo that sender "STNG" has sent me a package. Looks like My discs have arrived!

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Got my replacement(s) today. I sent the serial/disc numbers eMail on August 2. Like everyone else has said, my discs came in a simple cardboard mailing envelope, inside of which where the four discs each in simple paper/plastic sleeves. Along with the discs I also got a postcard on one-side featuring the Enterprise saucer section coming into frame as it does at the end of opening credits under a "thank you, sorry we suck" message. On the reverse a still of the rough animation used to create the effect of people walking in the Observation Lounge in the above credits scene.

The discs are distinguished from their release counterparts by have the Starfleet Emblem on the label by the disc number.

Overall I'm satisfied with how this was handled though some more communication would have been nice. An eMail saying, "Your SL numbers have been validated, you will receive your replacements soon." Would have been nice. I'm not bothered by the delay in getting the discs, just that little lack of communication.

Now... What to do with these discs? I mean, they're still good and watchable if only in Dolby. Guess I'll give them to a friend.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  10. picard_2305

picard_2305 Lieutenant Red Shirt

That's it I am going to call play.com before 5 pm on Mon so I can speak to their head office. If they don't give me the answer I want to hear I will refund my set and wil rebuy it from Amazon since I know that they have the replacements.

I can be patient to a point but play are not saying anything and their customer service is not giving me a reliable answer.

Customers who bought of play.com, are you getting a bad vibe about this?

11. Trekker4747

I don't understand why so many decided to try and to get the replacements from the various retailers they bought it from rather than going directly to Paramount/CBS's replacement program.

12. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anyone in Canada received replacements yet?

13. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because in the UK the major retailers are handling the replacements.

14. Kryten

Kryten Ensign Newbie

Probably as for one there doesn't actually seem to be a replacement programme in the UK. Those who bought from a couple of retailers are getting them replaced automatically by them but otherwise Sony DADC/Paramount are telling people to just return them to their retailers when they ask about the replacement programme.

I've seen a few e-mails from them elsewhere which included "Sony DADC UK simply the distributor of the goods, not the manufacturer or retailer; therefore are not required to replace any stock direct to the end user." This is rather at odds to the initial e-mail that they would all be replaced free of charge.

Not very impressive at all and I'm not too impressed with this "replacement" programme! I've ended up sending my set back to my retailer who denied there was a problem when I first contacted them for a replacement. They also aren't even contacting customers to tell them they bought a recalled product.

15. Trekker4747

I thought they were still working out a replacement program for the UK and just hadn't established one yet.

16. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I got my set changed at HMV in-store without any problem.

17. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Strewth, you wouldn't believe how much people are willing to pay for the dodgy season one sets on eBay. One's already going for £45 inc postage. :eek:

18. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

Received discs 1,3,4 & 5 and the "sympathy card" postcard (which is actually pretty cool)

Submitted request via email a day or two after it was offered. I'm in New Jersey FYI.

Of course now I'm away from my blu ray player for a week, so I'll have some rewatching to look forward to. :techman:

19. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I watched Hide and Q tonight, the mix on the main titles are messed up. The sound effects and Patrick Stewart's opening narration are way up, the music is dialed way down. The rest of the episode is center channel heavy, the surrounds are very muted.

Note this is on the NEW replacement discs.

-Chris

20. Falcor5

Falcor5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cool! Still waiting for mine, Hopefully this week!