Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Towers looking good so far Owain.

Well this is just great. I spend nearly a week slogging across the ocean only to stumble across another mushroom biome! I'd be annoyed if it weren't so cool. Its huge, and right next to a Jungle biome!

Check out the warp at 'mushroom jungle'.

2. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Oh wow, you poor guy! :lol: I think I came close to discovering that yesterday when I was checking out your progress.

Still nice that we have both biomes.

3. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Actually we were thinking that you're probably in a different district. We were thinking we'd call it the Arena district? But Xan would probably be in that district too then. Either way, I'm happy to work on something together, I just don't want to cut into RM's excellent tunnel system.

Aww. Thanks for making the warp there, I love jungles.

On a sidenote, can people be on the watch for my chickens escaping my yard? They seem to be staying put for now, but I found three of the escaped ones in the arena, others in the quarry, and it just makes me sad for them so I don't want it to happen again. :(

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Maybe I should start fining you for letting your animals loose!

5. Kestra

You know I'll just end up filling the whole town with chickens if you do that. I've got plenty of eggs stored away!

6. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess the key is to make sure we are closing your gates as we go through them.

7. Kestra

I'm going to post about the subway on the server forum so everyone sees it, but make sure to check it!

8. Robert Maxwell

I would point out that when it comes to chickens, you may need fences 2 high rather than 1 high, because chickens can jump over 1 high (I think.)

9. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Feel free to go ahead and get that started without me if you like. I won't be around for a couple of weeks since I'm taking my family on vacation.

10. Kestra

I don't know if that's true. I was looking it up and people are saying they can jump higher when attacked, but I think normally the fence should keep them in. I have had them for a long time without any problems, and the ones at my village farm have never escaped the one-high fence except through open gates.

Chickens are better at finding an escape route than other animals, however.

The first time I noticed all my chickens were gone from my house yard, both of my gates had been left open. I don't know how long it was like that because I normally have the sound off and I don't always go in my house through the gates so they could have been gone for quite some time. The second time I noticed there weren't that many, I checked the perimeter and a dirt block was missing from under the fence. I'm assuming an endermen had been there and taken it, and I repaired it.

I haven't had any issues since then and there are a lot of chickens in the yard now. :lol:

Also I don't want people to stress out if a chicken gets out or gets into the house. It's not that big a deal, and honestly I often find a chicken or some eggs in my house. I kind of like it. I just felt really bad when they were all gone.

11. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Kind of makes you wish for auto-closing fence gates, doesn't it? I don't know if pressure plates would work for them, but at the same time, I find pressure plates to look out of place sometimes because you can't make them out of wool and use the same colour as the environment around it. Kind of also makes you wish you could tag animals as a way to keep track of them. At least with sheep, you can kind of keep track of them due to colour.

12. Cutter John

Well I've finally hit land on my Mooshroom journey, which comes with a whole new set of challenges. Namely hangers-on. Its amazing how popular you become with a bundle of wheat in your hand.

[​IMG]

Also, for those who've yet to warp to 'mushroom jungle', here are a couple of caps from atop a peak. Quite epic I think, and an interesting place to live. I'll probably be paying it more visits in the future to use up some of my extra bonemeal to grow more giant shrooms. The jungle of course is just amazing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  13. Kestra

Yeah, I definitely intend to go back to that jungle. Also Phil, I've got the 20 diamonds for you that Xan mined. If you warp to "hivestore" and turn around, you'll see one chest next to three furnaces. The diamonds in there are yours. :)

14. Cutter John

Thanks guys. I'll pop in and pick them up. Much appreciated.

15. Cutter John

The Moo's and I are spending the night at a newly discovered Village that's sitting smack on top of an extensive cave/mine complex.

Warp 'lostvillage'

16. Cutter John

Okay so we have an August 1st release date for 1.3 this week, as well as a new bugfixing snapshot.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/544-snapshot-27a-13-news/#comments

But more importantly, The Mooshrooms's have arrived and are settled in at Mooshroom Valley, currently under construction behind spawn. Stop by for a complimentary bowl of fresh mushroom stew!

I'm thinking of shutting down the broken squid tank in the zoo and replacing it with a Moo cage.

17. Robert Maxwell

What's wrong with the squid tank?

18. Cutter John

Every time I've checked over the past several months, its been devoid of squid.

19. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the problem has been the squid spawners specifically . For some reason, this has been broken for quite awhile now, and it's something they never bothered to fix yet. Same thing is happening with the spawner near the Titanic. Never outputs any squid.

20. Cutter John

Ah well, if it ever gets fixed, I'll set up a new one. For now, its gonna be the home of a couple of Moo's.

Iwish there was a way to keep wolves from spawning though. For some reason they seem to have a fondness for cake.