Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

OK...for some reason, I always have this guy in mind for Zurin Dakal. I know, there'd have to be some kind of temporal hijinks to make sure he was the right age at the right time, in Titan, but hey--it's an alternate universe. I'm sure it could be arranged. ;)

[​IMG]

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Wasn't that an illusory future concocted by an alien boy, rather than an actual alternate reality?

3. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

I believe he's from "Parallels". "Future Imperfect" had a Ferengi ensign at the conn. (And without checking MA, I think "Future Imperfect" predated the introduction of the Cardassians in "The Wounded," didn't it?)

EDIT: Have now checked -- "Future Imperfect" indeed was shot and aired prior to the introduction of the Cardassians.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  4. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

He came from "Parallels," another quantum reality shown to exist parallel to the canon one. In that universe, the Bajorans were the aggressors and had overwhelmed the Cardassian Union (presumably subjugating the Cardassians).

5. Christopher

Ahh, okay. So I guess that Cardassian flight controller was sort of the counterpart of Ensign Ro.

6. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love this thread!!!!!!! :D

Do you think Phil Morris would take up the reins again as Taran'atar? I mean after all the... whats the word, similarities to Remata'klan? I'm not sure I'd classify his voice as "rich" tho I'm not 100% I've ever heard a rich voice... Moving on, ummm... I'd be tempted to get someone taller than Phil Morris to play him, tho I also liked Scott Haven as Vira'kara. Is there are "younger" (forgive me) Clarence Williams? Maybe #4?
    Richard Armitage... Dwyane Johnson... some misc. really tall guy... or Ian Whyte... or Heiko, the stunt guy that was in AVP!!
    ... wow... I'll have to think on this... *head explodes from excitement*

I'd play Prynn... :P
    But otherwise... hmm... I'm not really familiar with any "young" actresses... at least any that shouldn't really just go away... now!

I kinda wish James Horan could be Vaughn, but what about Daniel Day Lewis? (Forgive me if it was mentioned... but I just found this thread... and its 56 pages long...)

Shar... Shar has a very round face... sooo Zac Efron (can he act?) or Orlando Bloom...? His voice is kinda quiet too. Or Paul Dano? Ed Westwick? Chace Crawford?

7. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What about Lou Ferrigno as Taran'atar?

8. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

I always thought Tony Todd would be a good Taran'atar.

9. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

When I wrote Taran'atar, I vacillated between Tony Todd and Christopher Judge. Since Mission: Gamma, I've had Judge's voice in my head for Tarannie.....

10. Marie1

OOO, Tony Todd and Chris Judge... :D

Good call!! I wonder which one is more agile for all the backflips...

I might have to start hearing Judge's voice when I reread the relaunch... or... James Earl Jones... he did Vader's voice right? hee hee...

Even though the Jem'Hadar seemed a bit... clunky on the show sometimes, I always got the impression they should be muscular and agile... like Brian Thompson... only, what a disobedient Jem'Hadar... tsk tsk.

11. Christopher

That's what stunt doubles are for.

12. Marie1

Haha!! Good call... I forgot about them! :D

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

14. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a damn good cast list there, it would cost an absolute fortune to keep all these people going if this were on TV. You gotta love the relaunch.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but that's the fun of fantasy casting, you can cast the biggest names you want.

16. William Leisner

Am I missing something? With the exception of Liam Neeson, everyone on JD's cast list has done extensive TV work, most of them as series regulars. No disrespect to any of them, but they aren't exactly "the biggest names" out there.

17. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Channing and Helgenberger might be expensive, but yeah, the others, aside from Neeson, are all working TV actors.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't necisarily mean that they were all big names, I was just talking about doing this kind of casting in general.

19. Christopher

Yeah. For instance, you'd never be able to afford a big movie star like, say, Patrick Stewart to do television. But I think he'd be perfect for the role of Picard. :D

20. William Leisner

Well, if you're going to go that route, why not think big? Imagine if you could get Oscar-winning actresses like Louise Fletcher or Whoopi Goldberg to do Trek...