'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jefferiestubes8, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

WETA preproduction work

specifically

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/04/0...quels-release-date-underwater-motion-capture/

CGI models being built now in 2012. even before production begins. I guess they will be using a lot more previsual stuff and the technology has moved and will move further than the first film and did live 3-D composites with their virtual camera system.

but of course with the first film it was a long process as well as per wikipedia:
    2.5 years before release the principle photography started so we are looking at 2012 to start production...

2. Llama

Llama Captain Captain

Only logical plot for Avatar 2:

* Humans return to Pandora with many ships.
    * Humans bomb the crap out of the planet from space killing all life forms on the surface.
    * Humans strip mine the planet.

It's a heart warming story for the whole family...

3. Xavier_Storma

Xavier_Storma Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Re: ‘Avatar 2′ In 2014? Probably Not Says Producer Jon Landau

Well if they did not sell the plot of the film as something revolutionary and would have tagged it "Pocahontas in space - down to every plot-twist" nobody would object.

Seriously: As superb as the film was visually, it was dull and boring when it comes to plot and characters.
    You don't need to be a genuis to decode the whole plot in less than 15 minutes with essentially every single twist and turn of events throughout the next 2,5 hours.

If that's not a sign for bad storytelling, tell me what is...

4. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^Can you recap this boring story? Should be easier than decoding every plot twist in less than fifteen minutes after all.:)

5. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Is there any word on will ILM be doing SFX alongside Weta again?

6. jefferiestubes8

Cameron was talking about the DVD and Blu Ray releases of Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away 3D, but questions on Avatar inevitably came up

Status on Avatar sequels from Cameron
    http://play.lifegoesstrong.com/arti...il-movie-avatar-sequels-and-what-he-knows-now

So he is still in the writing stage.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  7. jefferiestubes8

http://collider.com/avatar-2-3-4-sequel-news-release-dates/

All 3 sequels will be filmed simultaneously.
    Dec.2016 Avatar 2 release window.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

This is starting to sound like a bad idea.
    I know there is a core Avatar following however, will the audiences swallow this story again? I don't think anywhere near the degree they did the first time.

Like Sony planning TASM 3-5, it's sounding like overreach.

9. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Ahnuld filling a Quaritch gap in Part Dos?! Maybe as an old fellow officer of the Colonel's? Yes, please! :D

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Ugh, really? I wasn't a huge fan of the first film in general, but his character was easily my least favorite thing.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's been a while since I've seen the film but didn't he get shot in the heart by not one, but TWO javelin sized arrows tipped with neuro-toxin? I mean how do you come back from that? We know they have viable cloning technology, but what would be the point in this case? Cyborg maybe? Most likely, but you'd think for that to be even feasible they'd have to have rushed him to a medical facility just to get him stabilized. Also, he went down on a battlefield in the middle of a jungle. You'd think he would have been just left to rot.

13. Gaith

^ Maybe they fire up an entirely new clone body, a la the very underrated Arnold flick The 6th Day, where the evil corporation keeps making new copies of the same three henchmen?

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Two problems with that. 1) while they can remotely slave a specifically engineered hybrid body to a human brain, it's pretty clear that they can't permanently map memories and personality from one brain to another. 2) Why even bother with this guy? Is his off-world health insurance just *that* good? ;)

15. Gaith

^ I myself'd rather Ahnuld step in as an old buddy of Quaritch's, but whatcha gonna do. :p

Why is that clear? Because they didn't have a backup of Jake's brother's brain to employ? Maybe it takes a long time to make the map, and Jake's brother wouldn't consent to the procedure. It could also be illegal back on Earth, The 6th Day style, so their hypothetical copy of Quaritch could be highly secret and unique.

16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I was hoping for Arnold Schwarzenegger to play the new bad guy.

Now we get some clone or cyborg or twin brother crap. Or he returns as Na'vi, which would be even more stupid.