Star Trek Enterprise: The most "likable" cast?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Infern0, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In my opinion it is, nobody comes across as a jerk, nobody is offensive.

It might not be the most interesting, but certainly the most likable in my opinion.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Part of the problem with the series as a whole. You need the jerk characters just as much as you need the inoffensive types. Probably more so.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Most likable and colourful cast was TOS, IMO. Aside from Phlox and T'Pol, nobody had anything distinguishable about them until the third season (except for poor Travis' - they seemingly gave up on him entirely after "Fortunate Son")

4. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked the cast. I thought they had more potential chemistry between them than was allowed in the writing. Malcolm and Trip's friendship could have been developed more as it provided a lot of comic relief. I didn't like that Reed became a tight arse in season 2 (not wanting to have dinner with the captain, not drinking etc). I liked Reed as the bit of a playboy brit that I thought the Pilot introduced him as.
    Trip's character was lost to T'pol and most other characters got less interesting as the show became Trip/T'pol/Archer much like Voyager was Janeway/Seven/Doctor.
    I know it's in the contracts that these character have more episodes but it can be tiring when the focus is on 3 main characters. I'd rather Reed, Trip and Archer as a Kirk, Bones, Spock type trio.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Archer's jerk moments were pretty bad..

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I thought Reed had some pretty bad 'Jerk' moments.

I dunno, there was certainly nothing dislikable about the cast, but likable? Most of the cast was pretty boring, Phlox could out-smug even Picard. Archer had kind of a sterile Sinclair vibe, and for a Vulcan, T'Pol sure made everything into her own personal drama. The marines who came aboard in season 3 were like O'Neal without the humor.

And Trip? Well, I like Trip.

7. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

True, but even those were nothing compared to Trip's bigotry, which was displayed pretty much every time the idiot opened his mouth.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Season One definitely had some rough moments :lol:

I get what they were trying to do, boy howdy we're in space! But they acted like this just magically happened to a bunch of cowboys and not that it was a product of generations of contact with the Vulcans.

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Agreed, that might have worked better as the trio than Archer/Trip and T'Pol. Given that it was mostly all new to humans exploring that deep into space, the Reed Character could have been the one that stressed the more cautionary aspect, which might have been a good counterpoint to the more trsting nature of some of the others.

10. Bahz

Bahz Ensign Newbie

I thought Enterprise had jerks from the very first episode. In the beginning it was the Vulcans with their superior attitude and holding back the humans.

11. BillJ

They were just respecting their own version of the Prime Directive.

12. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, they call it "being an asshole directive."

13. BillJ

The same one Picard and Company were practicing in the 24th century. :lol:

14. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The impression I received was that it was achievement Humans obtained inspite of the Vulcans, and not because of our contact with them.

No matter how much the Vulcan held the Humans back, look at what we created.

:)

15. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

I initially detested Phlox, simply because he reminded me too much of Neelix (I would've loved to see him killed off in Voyager by a giant rat trap.)

Hoshi was a little annoying at first because it seemed she whined a lot but she got better over time.

16. Bahz

Bahz Ensign Newbie

No. Very different than what Picard and Company were practicing. Vulcans were telling humans not to rush out into space because it is dangerous. That would be considered a violation of the prime directive. Picard and Company would have hid and watched a race meet distruction trying to rush into space.

17. BillJ

Which simply isn't true, I point to the TNG season four episode First Contact.

18. Bahz

Bahz Ensign Newbie

What is not true?

We know the Vulcans tried to get the humans to avoid rushing out into space because it is a dangerous place. That was pointed out in several first season Enterprise episodes. So that is true.

We know that Picard believed the prime directive held even if it meant extinction of a race. Better to let them die than to interfere with their development. Stupid, but true as evidenced in several TNG episodes.

I'm not sure what you are saying is not true, unless you are talking about your own statement.

19. BillJ

This...

Simply didn't happen in the episode First Contact.

20. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

No. Archer isn't a jerk. He's jerk incarnate. How does a trained diplomat get into a situation like he did in "A Night in Sickbay" when he won't even apologize to a race of aliens he indirectly offended?