What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finished God of War: Ascension yesterday... that was quite fun. ;)

2. Buster

Buster Ensign Newbie

I'm playing the new D&D MMO Neverwinter with a friend and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

As much as I despise most MMO's Neverwinter really does a lot to push the genre forward both graphically and mechanically. The combat is extremely fun and rewarding.

Blood Dragon is a crazy 80's B-movie that combines modern gameplay and graphics with 80's cheesiness that makes it a joy to play. More shooter developers should focus on fun rather than telling the same modern military war story over and over again.

3. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Still floating around in AC Brotherhood, and finding little oddities such as this- in the Exit Stage Right mission, when you have to meet up with four junior assassins backstage at the Colosseum, they're all male - even though I don't actually *have* four male assassin recruits... On account of me having that preference for the private clone army of female ninjas...

4. Chatty

Chatty Ensign Red Shirt

Nothing new, can't afford new games, but currently I divide my time between:

STO-free to play
    DAO/DA2
    Oblivion

All for computer, don't even own a console.

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One can sustain themselves indefinitely on a small budget with only Gog/Steam sales and indie games. That's pretty much what I've been doing these past few months.

I gave on The Longest Journey -- brilliant story and characters, but seriously lacking in the gameplay and puzzles department -- to play the indie Point 'n Click adventure game, Machinarium. Loved it, but I beat it yesterday. Now I'm going to start a game of Star Wars: Dark Forces and go back to the days of hunting for coloured keys.

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Started playing Bioshock (on the PS3) yesterday.

7. Snowlilly

Snowlilly Lieutenant Red Shirt

Currently playing The Secret World and just got back into playing Rift. Only played it for a month when it came out and just went back to it.

8. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I was going to play Dark Forces, but Steam had Dead Space 1 & 2 for 75% off. I've been waiting to play Dead Space for a while now, so that got moved to the front of the queue.

Although, uh, unfortunately I wasn't aware that the game didn't have a first person view. A third person view works great for a game like Banjo Kazooie, but it's just so awkward in a shooter. My character takes up 50% of the screen. I hope I get used to this soon.

9. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have been playing through Harley's Revenge on Arkham City.

10. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

I'm on Skyrim, Portal, AoE and Guildwars2 at the moment. And various indie games. Also.. Minecraft.. I am building the Pigfleet Federation Colony 1 and 2 and Pigcard Castle. :D

11. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Got back into Star Trek Online, partially due to the new expansion...

12. Ain Jalut

Ain Jalut Lieutenant

Age of Empires 1. Retro baby.

13. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Replaying Alan Wake and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. Recently played through Thomas Was Alone and Assassin's Creed 3.

14. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Steam has released an update (sort of) of Age of Empires II. They call it the HD version, but it's the same graphics and same game. However it fits quite well on your HD wide screen and works like a champ on Win7 64bit. It costs $15 if I remember correctly. I bought it and played some games, it sure did bring back memories. Between that and the older versions of Civilization I lost a fairly significant amount of my life. :lol:

15. Ain Jalut

Ain Jalut Lieutenant

16. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Finished Alan Wake last night, I've got The Signal add on to play and American Nightmare now.

17. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

I want the mod on AoE2 to change the icons back to how they used to be. Seriously.. Why did they change that? I'm playing a fun little thing called Fez now. You Steam peeps should give it a try (if you liked amiga games)

18. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I recently got Civ-Revolutions on the 350 for $2.50-been playing that and Defiance, which I am having a blast with.

19. USS Fardell

USS Fardell Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guild Wars 2, Lego the Lord of the Rings, Sim City (the new one, server issues never bothered me...), Sim City 2000 (less often than the new one) and Age of Empires II HD.

20. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm playing Prototype 2 and the Saboteur on PS3. Prototype 2 is awesome, definately an improvement over PT1. Its sucks it didn't sell well. TS is a decent game where you get to run around in a kind of open world and kill Nazis, and it was fairly cheap.