Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

393 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thank you, Dragonfare! You are most kind.

Lunarflower, your experience sounds wonderful. I can't imagine having Trekkie parents and grandparents, it must be great.

2. Lunarflower

Lunarflower Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah. I never really talked Trek with my grandfather (he passed away eight years ago).

But I have seen all of the TNG movies and XI in theaters with my parents. Plus Wrath of Khan at a special midnight showing.

3. Alienesse

Oh, sorry about your grandfather.

I have only seen Star Trek XI in the theater, but I would have loved to see the others, too. I hope they make the next one in 3D. Wouldn't it be great to actually see the Enterprise fly by you?

4. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome, Alienesse and Lunarflower! I am happy to see you making friends already.

5. tau136

tau136 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Aha ... there had to be an intro thread somewheres.

You can peg me as one of the more casual trekkies; watched all the series and most of the movies but haven't delved the minutia

Never been much for Trek Lit & certainly not Fan Fic. My few dips into Trek Lit did not inspire; made me assume Fan Fic would field fouler fic. Oh how wrong :wtf:

Wandered into here by way of a byway in a search & lit on a Fan Fic that promptly stole away my weekend. Luckily for me it was a closed arc so no waiting for next chapter.

Unluckily the next arc is pending still so here's me signing up to be able to get first sight of the new fictive and maybe tag on a few comments.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  6. ArcherFanForever

ArcherFanForever Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello All, I'm a veteran and haven't been online here in about a year or so....

7. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

tau and ArcherFan - welcome!

8. corairs

corairs Ensign Newbie

Hello Fellow Trekkies i am am an old school trakkie i started looking at Star Trek back in 1968 as a baby and stell thank it's the bast show on tv . :lol:

9. clz

clz Ensign Newbie

Hello! I'm 25 and I've been watching Star Trek for as long as I can remember. I grew up watching TNG, the movies, and Voyager. I've finally started to go back and catch up on DS9, as so many people have good things to say about it.

I decided to join this community because, in my many years, I have yet to met another trekkie! (Where are you all hiding?) I'm hoping to get to know some awesome folks with similar interests.

Also, I bleed green.

Live long and prosper, bitches,
    Nikki

10. Alienesse

Welcome everyone!

clz, we have something in common. I too have grown up with TNG and I joined this forum about three weeks ago to get in touch with other Star Trek fans since I haven't met any yet, and that's too bad.

May we all chat about all things Trek for years to come!

11. Python Trek

Python Trek Commodore Commodore

West Consin, People's Republic of America
    Hi, gang! I'm Python Trek, aka Anne Dorian, aka tonybarc, and I've been visiting here on and off for years. Sometimes I get really busy and only have time to peek in and do a bit of lurking, and other times I post the heck outta this mutha.

I've been a Trekkie since I was a toddler and a science fiction fan in general since I first saw Planet of the Apes waaay back in an era known as The Seventies. I've been reading comics since I first learned to read, and Marvels are my faves. I love Firefly, the Original Star Wars Trilogy, Lost, M*A*S*H*, Monty Python, H.G. Wells, pizza, and long walks in the rain. I have greenish blue eyes.

12. Subcommander R.

Subcommander R. Commodore Commodore

It seems as though this is as good a place as any to introduce myself. You may call me Subcommander R. I am here to make a few simple observations to send back home to Romulus. With luck and your cooperation, no one will have to disappear during the night.

In the interests of sharing knowledge, I am a student by day (Tal Shiar agent by night). My current duty station is California, but I am away on... business.

13. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

How do we know you are telling the truth? After all, you are not only a Romulan, but Tal Shiar? Welcome anyway.:rommie:

14. Subcommander R.

Subcommander R. Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the welcome. And nice sombrero.

15. Edgarus

Edgarus Ensign Newbie

Hello everyone, you can call me edgarus, im from scotland and this is my first time on a star trek site, can someone tell me how you post avatar photos?, i dont seem to have the option

16. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    Hi, All,

I've been lurking, lurking, and then decided to register to be able to follow threads... and the temptation to speak (we, Cardassians, LOVE to talk) was to strong :)

Once I had a dream I was human, a Pole, who lived in Asia and had two ginger felines at home. But then I woke up and only the felines occurred to be real, phew...

17. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome to my fellow Cardassian! ( ;) )

I too know the longing for a world of warmer climes...I hope to see more from you!

18. Willieck

Willieck Commander Red Shirt

I probably should have done this earlier but I have only just spotted this thread. (There are a lorra lorra threads on these forums!). As I have said elsewhere I have been watching Star Trek since it first began in the UK in the sixties and I have been hooked ever since.

Live long and prosper. :vulcan:

19. Asrathiel

Asrathiel Ensign Newbie

Heya people! I'm a TOS fan and Spock lover :vulcan: :vulcan: :vulcan: :vulcan: That's a brilliant smilie btw :drool: :lol: I also rather like smilies, as you may have already guessed.
    I'm watching my way through Next Gen and Voyager at the moment. Well, Voyager from the point where Seven shows up. ;)

What else..? I love nu!trek, apart from the abomination that is Spock/Uhura! OMG :scream: I just figure he didn't know Kirk yet, and he needed some comfort. I mean, she doesn't even know how Vulcans kiss, how long can it really last? :guffaw:

20. TheKeeper

TheKeeper Commander Red Shirt

^ I send greetings to a fellow smiley addict!

For some reason, I never got around to posting in this thread. I joined last January and just returned after some absence. I've been an old-school TOSsist since the early 1970s and followed the movies and most of the subsequent series. Couldn't get into ENT and I can't abide Abrams Trek, otherwise I love it all.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010