Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Looks like something that was designed for the "WITCHBLADE or THE DARKNESS comic books and NOT Superman......:rolleyes:

2. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Marlon Brando's costume looked nothing like what was in the comic either. Neither did Krypton or the Fortress of Solitude for that matter.

3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think by now everyone should know better than that.
    From Iron Man to Thor many have been whining about the rubber look of the suits in pictures only to have it end up looking just fine in the movies.

4. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Good points! It will be very interesting to see how this looks in the finished movie.

5. Agenda

Besides, in the first movie I think Jor-El was a politician before he was a scientist, since he was on the main Kryptonian council and sentencing Phantom Zone criminals to justice.

6. Captain Mike

With Crowe, he probably had some fisticuffs thrown in to his scripts. JUST what everyone loves...ACTION! :rolleyes:

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jor-El is the head of the House of El and had a seat on the Kryptonian Council. The head of the house seems to have a seat on the Council. I've always found it interesting that the Council had Jor-El prosecute Zod, Non, and Ursa though at their trial.

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah! We need more of a introspective film with limited action, like how Superman Returns was, cuz everybody LOVED that!

Action should not be in a movie based on a character who first appeared in ACTION Comics!!! :rolleyes:

9. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Everyone who counts. Me.

:p

10. Broccoli

^ I liked SR very much myself, but even I can't deny that the film wasn't as warmly received by moviegoers and fans.

Actually, fans shouldn't count since they mostly hate everything. ;)

11. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I actually like the way it was done in the Bruce Timm show: Jor-El himself wasn't on the Council, but his father-in-law was, which led to family politics messing with things.

That, and Brainiac being the computer that ran Kryptonian Civilization (and doomed them by lying about Jor-El's claims about the planet exploding).

12. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One notices a thruline in Superman stories where they try and try and try to explain why no one believed the obviously corroborable theories.

Or are they corroborable? With super-technology you can explain anything, I guess, but say the lithosphere on Earth was thickening to the point it surpassed its buoyancy limit; would we know?

13. Broccoli

What they don't tell you is that Jor-El wrote a series of books about sparkling vampires before discovering Krypton was going to explode.

14. Agenda

I really don't mean this as a personal attack, but why do you seem so bitter about every. little. thing. about this movie? I mean, I'm not saying you can't have any negative opinions, and for all we know it may indeed end up like crap. Personally, I'm skeptical about Snyder. But all that being said, come on...

15. Captain Mike

Because in this "new" age of reboots or "reimaginings", I simply don't like what I have seen...I just don't understand, other than reading some posts on here, that people nowadays don't get what the concept of SuperMAN is really about.

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ How can you tell that the "Man of Steel" production team doesn't understand what Superman is all about from out of context set photos though?

17. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Captain Mike brings up a good point, is it SUPERman, superMAN, or SUPERMAN? And is it CLARK or clark?

Based on the spy photo's I think the real answer is that it's LOIS lane.

18. Python Trek

Python Trek Commodore Commodore

West Consin, People's Republic of America
    Superheroes are built upon the "old-fashioned" concept of people with extraordinary abilities using those abilities to help people. This is just to "naive" for our modern cynical world. "I must be suspicious of anyone claiming to be good, so I don't get burned!". That's why we can't get a decent kid-friendly super-hero film---the "cool" people won't allow it.

19. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Jor-El is just part of the liberal conspiracy - he only wants you to believe that Krypton is going to blow up because they wants to tax businesses as part of their social engineering and attempts to restrict our freedoms. Many legitimate scientists have shown that his models are wrong and that the changes that we see are simply a natural event that we see every few thousand years.

Bottom line - it's a scam as explained on Kryptofox news by OREIL.-LY

20. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's SuPeRman.