Death count on Eureka?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Morpheus 02, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just wondering if anyone is keeping an ongoing deathcount for the TV show Eurkea...it seems like a pretty dangerous place to live!

They ought to have an episode where someone from OSHA comes in to investigate...:lol:

2. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

A few weeks ago, it got to the point where I could tell if the scientist-of-the-week was going to bite it by how big of an asshole he was, and how early in the episode he became insufferable.

3. broberfett

broberfett Vice Admiral Admiral

Relaxing in Slave I listening to Holy Diver
    That place would be a nightmare of secret experiments with unwilling human test subjects. If the show was a little more realistic you'd be having nightmares after every episode.

4. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

imagine how henry must feel. he's had to lose kim at least 3 times.

5. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Life Insurance premiums must be outta control in Eureka.

6. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Still, it's safer than being related to or friends with Jessica Fletcher ...

7. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

It's funny, I was just thinking about this the other day. They must be pretty much breaking even with scientific advancements vs. the loss of great scientific minds. Seriously, the writers need to lay off the relentless body count.

8. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

This show became utterly ridiculous a looong time ago. I still catch it on occasion, it doesn't ask me to think and by Friday that's exactly what I'm looking for (also, Jack Carter is such a damn likeable guy.) But jeebus, how many times in one season can you almost destroy the whole town/west coast/planet Earth?

9. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

I hope at least 13 more times ;). I'm hearing rumors that this Friday is the series-, not just the season-finalé, but I can't find any confirmation of that.

EDIT: Yayy! EUReKA has been renewed :). Earth trembles once more before the combined intellect of the world's most out-of-control geeks :D.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  10. broberfett

broberfett Vice Admiral Admiral

Relaxing in Slave I listening to Holy Diver
    The show is way too popular to be cancelled now. My mom loves it. They also get those product placement ads that make Smallville ads look classy and respectable. I think I was about to lose my mind on the Degree commercials and now they have that damn car they put in every single shot.

11. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I notice a lot of the skiffy shows suffer from this problem. Stargate was really bad too, they were wiping out soldiers at the rate of a small international war sometimes. And they were always such pointless throwaway deaths as well.

12. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I know this doesn't quite apply, but it just reminded me of how, in "Wormhole X-Treme!" they made fun of "The Fifth Man" and how O'Neill was stepping around the piles of dead Jaffa while he was walking back to the gate.

13. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Or a red shirt on a Star Trek show. :techman:

14. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

O.o renewal was confirmed and reported 2 weeks ago

actually isn't it more the people who are friends with or know her friends and relatives, or people she knows?

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I didn't know about the renewal, so I'm happy about that. I'm also really hoping they make Jamie Ray Newman a regular. ;)

16. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The show is SUPPOSED to be ridiculous...that's one of the reasons why i love it.

i just ask the question, as I recall there was a webpage deicated to the number of shuttlecraft Voyager has lost...wondered if a similar page has been set up for Eureka?

17. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Well, we can confirm that isn't going to happen - she's already committed to ABC's (I think) TV series Eastwick, based on the movie and novel The Witches of Eastwick - she's one of the witches.

That's okay - she's cute, but she never struck me as Carter's type, frankly; I wish they'd bring back Callie. :)

18. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually the big reveal of Murder She Wrote is that Jessica Fletcher is a serial killer who offed all those people to write and sell more of her trashy novels. That woman was evil and dangerous!

19. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, it's not too surprising that Carter's new love interest won't be back, although it's a shame she's gone so soon. But you know he's destined to end up with Allie. ;)