Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Probably in October.

2. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Considering Lost had time travel we're probably seeing influences from that here.

I'm not sure if it's going to be time travel or 'prophecy' The picture looked painted to me and not like it was a modern day photograph so it may have been some type of vision and then painted.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It was a drawing and not a picture. And we're dealing with magic and prophecy so getting a drawing of Henry hundreds of years ago is little to no problem.

4. Jolaris

Jolaris Commander Red Shirt

I thought they went full out Tolkien this episode. And I liked it! :techman:

They tried to destroy the Silmarill and Neverland is either Thangorodrim or Mordor...

And Peter Pan is only a shadow(!) of his former self. :guffaw:

Damn it, OUAT just keeps on making me cry, and it's always Regina and Rumple that does it to me. :techman:

5. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Once had been losing me a bit, but I did not expect them to take most of the main cast to another land. Yet again they suprised me with the season ending.

So, Bae is back in the Enchanted Forest with Aurora, Mulan and Phillip? Interesting.

6. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So Neal/Bae is in the Enchanted Forrest, and Young Bae is in Neverland--though this is not at the same time, since his time in Neverland is in Neal/Bae's past.

I like that Regina actually finally redeemed herself.

What do they want with Henry? He's magic born here?

7. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

That was pretty damn good. I liked that Neal is in the Enchanted Forest, I was wondering when we were going to see Mulan et al again. I thought they were actually going to kill Regina for a moment but I'm glad she survived. Thought it was a bit convenient how the cure for the memory problem just popped up. Can't wait for next season, bring on Neverland!

8. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

There's been no confirmation as to where, exactly, Neal ended up. It could be the Enchanted Forest/FTL, it could be Neverland, or it could be somewhere else entirely.

9. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought we saw Neal washed up on a beach, with Aurora, Philip and Mulan moving to him to help him. That is a good indicator he is in the Enchanted Forest.

10. sojourner

You must have missed the last scene with Neal being found by Mulan, et al. He's in the enchanted forest.

11. DigificWriter

Vendikarr and Sojourner:
    Yes, we saw Aurora, Phillip, and Mulan find Neal on a beach, but Adam and Eddy just did an interview with Entertainment Weekly, and when the interviewer asked them a question and specifically mentioned Neal being in the Enchanted Forest/FTL, the two of them answered the question as follows:
    Hence my statement of it not having been confirmed that Neal is in the Enchanted Forest/FTL.

12. sojourner

But in that quote he does not deny that Neal is in the enchanted forest. I'll go with the evidence on screen over a nebulous comment from one of the writers that may not even refer to Neal.

13. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting. But until it's shown on screen that Aurora, Philip and Mulan crossed over to another land, I maintain that Neal is now in the Enchanted Forest.

14. DigificWriter

That's your prerogative. :)

Adam and Eddy usually don't leave things nebulous unless they're meant to be, though.

15. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

In that statement, the Enchanted Forest is another land.

16. sojourner

That's my point. The scene was pretty clear. Three characters we last saw in the enchanted forest found Neal/Bae. Nothing nebulous about that. The quote, on the other hand, does not directly refer to Neal at all.

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, we assume that he is in the Enchanted Forest because of those characters, but the writers may be playing off the knowledge that we would assume that. I also think it's an amazing coincidence that those three characters just happened to be there when Neal appeared. There may be more going on than meets the eye.

Anyway, this was a great episode and a great cliffhanger. Regina, Rumpy and Hook all got to redeem themselves to some degree and we're left with three intriguing situations to wonder about over the Summer.

Well, maybe four: How do those beans know whether to make a big hole or a small hole? :rommie:

18. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And how do they know when to close? Why do portals always know when to close? Sometimes they stay open for the character lingering behind a ways to join up and then close. Some AI portals?

Maybe everyone will join up to fight Peter and his Shadow boss? And get Henry back. Even Hook seems to have an interest in Henry, him being the son of Hook's son-figure.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The spinoff is also not going to fill in the timeslot between the mini seasons, it's on Thursdays at 8. I find that weird.

It's also interesting that Revenge is getting two 12 episode seasons, when the creator quit over not being able to have a short 13-15 episode season. They should have kept him and just do one 14 episode season.