SG-1 favourite episode :)

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Merlanthe, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Merlanthe

Merlanthe Commander Red Shirt

I thought it would be fun to have a thread where everyone gets to posts what their favourite episode is and why they love it. I know that picking just one episode is often frustratingly hard so feel free to list more than one. After all lots of people in real life have more than just one best friend so its perfectly possible to have more than one fave episode :)

WARNING! Its probably a good idea that anyone who hasnt seen the series in its entirety avoid this thread in case of having future plot/character development spoiled. Now that i've said that it'll probably be just me talking to myself for the entire thread.

Anyhow to get the ball rolling my favourite episode is Ascension. I really like the character of Orlin and how being all by his non-coporeal self for a couple hundred years has left him somewhat awkward when it comes to interacting with coporeal beings like Sam. Also hes so open and truthful and completely trusting of Sam (because he looked inside and saw that she was a good person).

I love the layout of Sams house though its weird that she has so many rooms in the basement? And i love the mini-gate its so cute. I also like the pacing in this episode as well as all the connections it makes to Oma and also with the mini-gate though anyone watching for the first time can easily miss those.

2. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    That's a good one, and yes, it's hard to pick one out of so many. I'm only up to S8 on rewatch, but two that have always stuck out for me are the loop one Window Of Opportunity (where O'Neill and Teal'c have to relive same day; I love causality eps like TNGs 'Cause & Effect') and Wormhole X-Treme, just 'cause it's a great meta episode for such a popular franchise. They're not necessarily the best, or indeed my favourites (though I like them), just really distinctive.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen every SG-1 episode, but of the ones I have seen, Lifeboat and There But For The Grace Of God are tied for my favorite.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved Shades of Grey and I loved 200. But I know I loved more than that.. I'll have to go back and have a look :)

5. bluepicard27

bluepicard27 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

demons,
    because i like the spin that goa'ald may not always pose as gods but as the devil instead,and jack has some funny lines in this one not the funniest but funny none the less

6. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

My favourite is probably The Fifth Race, as I'm a sucker for 'mythology' episodes in the first 5 seasons before they ran out of ideas for the Ancients. After that, I like The Serpent's Lair, 2001, and The Nox.

Funnily enough, Ascension would be a contender for my Worst. Episode. Ever. crown, if there wasn't Emancipation setting a new standard of cringeworthy Carter episodes.

7. Merlanthe

Merlanthe Commander Red Shirt

I also include the Fifth Race as one of my favourites. Its one of the episodes i rewatch a lot on a regular basis as is the Broka Divide.