Dollhouse renewed?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Colin Xavier, May 16, 2009.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

DVR/PVR blah blah blah...tangent conversation.

I just want to know if the show is OFFICIALLY renewed. Has that word come down?

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

^It's about as official as it can be until it actually airs.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I hope the wardrobe budget sees a cut. :drool:

4. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

i'll take good tv as well... and imho, dollhouse is not good tv. it's average, and that might be getting a whedon bump from me...

i watched dollhouse via hulu, and towards the end, i was watching well after episodes aired, and only after i was bored... and even then, i wasnt paying attention...

i've been watching a lot of good tv via netflix recently and my standards have changed. there are better shows out there, i'd rather check those out.

5. Lumen

Lumen Vice Admiral Admiral

Upfronts are out today. We know it officially happened Friday, but, anyway: Fox in the fall. Dollhouse is back in the same timeslot, with Brothers and 'Til Death in the hour before it.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

So it keeps it's death slot! How long before you think it's canceled? I say when it hits 1.5-1.7 million viewers. :lol:

7. Lumen

Lumen Vice Admiral Admiral

Apparently folks at Fox are calling this "a bet on Joss Whedon". I hope for Whedon's sake they win.

8. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is no chance in hell that a show can succeed on Friday. I don't care how good the quality is. Any broadcast network looking for a ratings success on Friday should just give up. "Dollhouse" will continue to suffer from poor ratings so long as they keep it there. And it's choice of lead-ins is horrific and insulting. The show needs a new timeslot.

9. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Good news for you Dollhouse fans.

I've not enjoyed Whedon's shows in the past. I didn't like Buffy or Firefly at all. Is there any chance I'd like this?

10. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

CBS is an exception to that rule: Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs have steadily drawn 9-11 million viewers on Friday.

11. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Certainly there's a chance. However, while I find the show very watchable, it hasn't yet grabbed me dramatically in the same way Firefly or Angel did, and it doesn't provide the same kind of pure fun as Buffy.

I think of it mostly as a "what-if" tale rather than a straight-up hero/villain story like most TV shows.

12. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    I enjoyed "Dollhouse" so I'm glad to hear it got renewed. Granted, the first half of the season was shaky at best, but towards the end of the season it really got me interested, especially with the introduction of "Alpha" in an active role.

Still, only about 2.7 million viewers? It makes me kind of sad but "Knight Rider" got about 1.5 million-ish more viewers on average and it was canceled. I know it was cheesy bad, but sometimes I like cheese. :) In light of that, add me to the "surprised" list.

Glad to see at least once scifi show I follow is coming back at least.

13. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I think Knight rider cost a lot more to make then Doll's house.

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Also Ford was putting up a lot of the money for the show, something which they're likely not in a position to do anymore.

15. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Surprising. The smart money was on this show being canned, so much so I was calling the season finale the "series" finale.

Good to see it back though. While never hitting great heights, the series showed steady improvement over time to make it watchable, if short of compelling, television. It certainly has potential.

16. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Am I the only one who actually loved season one of Buffy?

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Buffy season one was genius until we saw season 2. Then it was okay until we saw season 3. Then it was mostly shit until we saw seaosn 4.

But the second it became clear that Buffy's sister was "supposed" to be there, well it became clear that dawnless season one wasn't even the universe which every one else "experienced" anymore as well as being mostly basic pedestrian tripe.

I understand that the comics did rewrite some episodes by including Dawn.

Are you watching Gossip Girl?

Dawn still looks like she's Harriet the Spy a decade after the fact.

18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Well, I can't look at previous seasons in the context of the S5 magical retcon. I think they stand on their own. While there are a few turkeys in S1, there are some truly outstanding pieces of dramady. "The Witch" is still, IMHO, one of the best eps of the series - a brilliant commentary on peer pressure, parental pressure, and an ending worthy of Rod Serling.

I see new pictures of Michelle Trachtenberg on hot-babe wallpaper sites all the time. Mostly, she still looks like a little girl. She's pretty, but that round doe-eyed face will never look grown up.

19. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I loved season 1, I remember having conversations about it at school with kids as well as teachers (only teachers with Star Trek), I still enjoy it now, in fact I just watched it a few weeks back, and forgot how much I loved some of it.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Her childlike innocence should have been ruined for me by her appearance on 6 feet under when she told the usually gay huge sexy black man that he was not going to "fuck her in the ass".

You know how us idiots try to wedge the lore of Lost into the classic British cult TV show The Prisoner? Dollhouse has some potential for this too. :) pat McGoohen is quite lucky to have checked out before a sniff of this became possible.