Peter David may (?) have killed Scans_Daily

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shanejayell, Mar 15, 2009.

1. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Having met him a few times and emailed him I can also say he's very nice.

2. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Scans_Daily was a community on LiveJournal where people would scan in segments from a comic book, often inserting humorous commentary before or after the scans. It started off as a place to inject homoerotic interpretations of the scans as a gag, and it grew into a general comics-sharing place.

Later, people began to post larger and larger percentages of a comic, and to included detailed write-ups. As a result, it got shut down by LiveJournal; the exact details of the thing, such as whether or not writer Peter David was responsible for the shut-down, are what this thread has been about.

3. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Same here. I haven't emailed him, but he was extremely apologetic when he interrupted a conversation with me at a con to chat with Neil Gaiman, who had walked up and joined us. Like I was going to be upset at getting to overhear a chat between those two. :lol:

4. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

You know...Peter David's a guy. And by that I mean that there have been times that I've met him and found him to be extremely nice and affable and approachable, and there have been times when he's been polite but distracted, and there have been times when he's been in a really bad move and has been sort of a jerk. He's a person, with different moods and different behaviors that go with those moods.

5. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ahh, thanks for the recap!

6. shanejayell

shanejayell Captain Captain

:cardie:
    Really?
    :rommie:

Okay, sorry.

7. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I'd have insisted that they keep talking.