The Borg Kids

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Tachyon, Feb 5, 2009.

?

The Borg Kids on Voyager...

1. I liked them.

30 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Not loving or hating.

14 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I only liked Icheb.

18 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. I'm on the fence with this one.

8 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. Meh. Useless!

28 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Borg kids (Icheb, Mezoti and the twins) - did you like them or would you have rather gone without? Was it good idea to bring them to the series or was it useless?

Discuss. :borg:

2. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

Useless.

We already had a recycled Borg. Did not need more of them.

3. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed. Though without Icheb, Seven would've later died without the cortical node implant. ;)

4. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

I thought the Icheb actor was solid. The little girl was cute but there wasn't much of her. The twins were colorless.

5. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

They were ok. They could have been a lot worse. *cough*cough*Wesley Crusher*cough*

6. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very blank - little was done with them beyond what they did with Icheb. I would have liked to have a subplot in an episode that had Naomi and the Borg Brat Pack interacting, trying to show them how to have a childhood - something that could resonate with Seven, since she missed out on one as well.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would have loved it if they were all as "smart" as Seven since her general knowledge and skill set was a complete cheat.. I'm surprised that Seven wasn't downloading technical prowess into crewmen, so that she was a little less concerned about being surrounded y dipshits that didn't know how to take their clothes off when ordered to.

But that's a little too Super Scouts right?

8. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

I didn't mind Icheb and Mezoti, but the twins Rebi and Azan were absolutely pointless. I don't think they said 10 words between them and had no character whatsoever. I can't tell if the kids were decent actors or not since they were given squat to do. They should have retooled "Imperfection" by having one twin save the other by sacrificing his cortical node. Would have had the audience care for them at least a little.

9. Guy Gardener

O, or Icheb kills one of them to save the women he loved (a feeling addressed in no other episode, but clearly evident in this episode.), and gets away with it... Of course later on it seems like the other twin might know too much?

10. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I could have done without them.

11. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked Icheb, but the rest really served no purpose.

12. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

Meh not bothered either way.

13. ZERO_of_ZERO

ZERO_of_ZERO Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't remember them doing much really, but I liked them .... Mezoti was cute.

It doesn't do any harm to have them around in the background surely? ......... a bit like Picards Lion fish.

14. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They were stupid as hell, Icheb in particular was a total FAIL in my opinion. I don't know what the VGR writers were thinking sometimes.

15. Guy Gardener

I remember being astounded that the kids were thrown away so quickly. later i realized that this is exactly the same mentality which got Kes turfed overboard... Although, if TPTB wanted to get rid of Harry at first because he was less "better" than Kes, and probably just as hard or harder to write for because he's indifferential from a few chords of lumber, then what's up with all the Kim stories flying about willy nilly seasons 4 through 7?

face it, any written Voyager story could have been focussed on a different character with the most minor alterations, that the only real matter being weighed is perceived celebrity... That's right, every Seven story could have been a Neelix story and every Chakotay story could have been a Kim story. play it out in your head for a delightful giggle. :)

There was a website a couple years back that generated Voyager plots.

16. Jean-Luc Picard

Jean-Luc Picard Lieutenant Red Shirt

Icheb was a nice little addition with a lot of potential; he got some decent development for the amount of time he spent onscreen. The others didn't have much of a purpose, which is probably why they didn't have much of a role or much of an exit either.

17. x-dana

x-dana Ensign Newbie

I liked them, and immo they were a good idea;
    they got all different personalities, and the episodes/scenes that show them are enough well structured,
    even if, in the end, in the big scheme of the series, they didn't got to have all the light they could... well, apart from Icheb.

18. Holodeck Addict

Holodeck Addict Ensign

I found the voyager kids to be annoying as hell. And the twins didn't have hardly any lines like one of the previous posters said. They were pretty pointless. The girl was ok but she was annoying at times. The first episode they appeared in was a little tough to watch. The baby borg forced me to stretch my imagination a little too far.

19. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Well there has been a lot imagined about the final fate of the borg baby. ;)

20. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

I think they were a useless and using up valuable resources.