IDW announces Doctor Who/TNG crossover

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by C.E. Evans, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Are you kidding? Of course you're not. Assimilation Squared is kind of a meh title in my opinion but I guess it'll have to do.

Eight issues long. Three more than the LOSH/Star Trek crossover. So Tony Lee is at least collaborating. That's a beautiful cover as well.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh. My. Fuck.

Epic cover art is epic!

3. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Interesting. I guess the board doesn't allow for superscript characters. I could have sworn that it did. I guess Assimilation^2 will need to suffice.

4. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Assimilation².

^ Works for me. Feel free to copy and paste ;).

5. Marco Palmieri

Marco Palmieri Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As interesting as this comparison is, I'm afraid I've never had enough knowledge of Doctor Who to draw these connections.

6. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was tempted to show off our superior German keyboards, too. ;)

7. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Heh, actually as a software guy I'm not all that fond of the German keyboard layout, it makes typing C-style programming language syntax a lot more cumbersome compared to the US layout. But it's what I grew up with and I can't be arsed to get used to a different layout, so I stick with it.

A more layout-independent solution to typing a superscript 2 is the compose key feature of most non-Windows operating systems (hit Compose, then ^, then 2), and I guess on Windows you can use some sort of arcane Alt+digits code.

</offtopic> :)

8. MatthiasRussell

MatthiasRussell Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As cool as this is, I'm not personally interested in material that doesn't add continuity which is to be taken seriously. That said, I'm glad they are doing a TNG era story, at least.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

As I mentioned earlier the Star Trek/LOSH went out of it's way to reference previous continuity for both franchises and set it where long term fans and even causal fans would be able to recognize where the crossover takes place. Chris Roberson the writer has proven his knowledge of both continuities and to me personally the Legion/Star Trek crossover could easily take place in season two of "Star Trek". I'd have to go back and still find the reference of when it does actually take place for the TOS crew. I imagine that the writers of this will do the same.

10. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it would probably be either in it's fourth or fifth year to be on the safe side.

eight issue mini series is fantastic and by the title I am assuming that we are either dealing with the borg or cybermen which is great.

11. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

I know this is going to sound bad, but for years I had the idea of a crossover between TNG and Doctor Who and the baddies would be the Borg and the Cybermen because of the similarity between the two races.

So if you ever hear of a Superman/Doctor Who crossover, you'll know it was my idea first!

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

You and eleventy thousand other fans, I bet. It's not exactly a hard idea to think of.

Let me know when they do the Ferengi-Usurian teamup. Or Silurian-Gorn. Or Harry Mudd-Sabalom Glitz!

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or Klingons and Sontarans.