Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Garfield played a Harvard student and looked like he could go younger if need be. I'm assuming when he means teen that he's talking about a high school senior/college freshman which Andrew has the looks for.

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I just watched "Easy A" recently. I love Emma Stone to no end.

3. Admiral_Young

I've yet to see "Easy A" but have read and heard many good reviews, especially about her specifically. I fell in love with her in "Zombieland".

4. Trekker4747

She was lovely in Zombieland. But just something great about her in "Easy A" where she seemed like just the girl you'd have a crush on in high-school. (And despite all logic in the movie she says she's never had any attention from boys in her highschool. Impossible to believe given how she looks in her gym uniform alone.)

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

"I feel incredibly lucky that I get to wear spandex for the next few months."

Must be the quotation of the year. At least it's not Jack Black. :lol:

6. Admiral_Young

7. Trekker4747

Can't say I'm sold on Garfield as Peter Parker. I get an "Edward from Twilight" vibe from him.

And, I dunno, I like Emma Stone better as a red-head.

8. Admiral_Young

Andrew has poofy hair. To me he totally has an Ultimate Peter vibe going on.

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

NOT Peter Parker. I can't even express how much that hair ruins it all.
    Gwen Stacy is a WIN however.

We are all soooo going to wish Sony had had the patience to just let Sam Rami have that year he wanted and made a Spidey 4 with Vulture. In the end so is Sony.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

No, not really.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Some of us are even going to keep an open mind and see how this movie turns out, instead of judging it on haircuts.

12. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

it's the fingerless gloves that ruin it for me.

GODDAMN HOLLYWOOD! YOU'VE RAPED MY CHILDHOOD ONCE TOO OFTEN!!!

[/internet fanboy rage]

13. Captaindemotion

^Okay, now I'm with you!

14. on that SHH page, first pic... Peter Parker looks exactly like Pattinson from Twilight :lol:
    Gwen looks great.

15. Captaindemotion

Other than the hair, I'm not seeing the Pattinson resemblance at all.

16. Its only the first picture, something about the camera angle on his face. The rest he doesn't really look like Pattinson.

17. Admiral_Young

I suppose that Andrew has a bit of the Pattison look in that first pic the way the camera is angled but even then I don't see it. He still looks a little like Eduardo the character he plays in "The Social Network".

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Raimi's Spider-man was heavily influenced by Lee and Ditko. This movie will be influenced by the Ultimate storyline.

I think the gloves are for Peter's organic web shooters. At least that's what I think.

[​IMG]

19. Small White Car

Small White Car Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is the issue.

I have no problem with organic shooters. I also have no problem with Peter inventing shooters.

I DO have a problem with Peter inventing them and no one else being able to do it. I know that no one else would be strong enough to swing like he does, but the cops should all have web-shooting guns in that world. Add that in and I'd accept that Peter could invent them. Without that it's ridiculous.

20. Admiral_Young

I have long posited that this movie will be heavily based on "Ultimate Spider-Man". Bendis confirming his visit with Sony last year at New York Comic Con essentially convinced me this is what they're doing. The fact that they are using Gwen Stacy in favor of Mary Jane (Peter currently is dating Ultimate Gwen) also is telling. Really though Emma Stone could have been cast as either MJ or Gwen and I'd be pleased.

No one has ever stated that no one else could develop an adhesive formula similar to the one Peter invented. I could be just pulling this from the ether but I swear that I remember reading a long time ago that there was something specific about the chemical formula that Peter used that rendered it unable to be replicated by someone else. One would think that Reed or Tony or even Doom would have done so by now so I'll agree with that sentiment. I don't think it is such a big deal though. I think Ultimate Spider-Man had Peter discovering the formula from his father's notes.