Offiical XBox (3) Launch Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MacLeod, May 20, 2013.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well we are now less than 24 hours away from the launch of the third generation Xbox.

So how many of us will be tuning into the launch?

What do we think it will be called? Will they go with 720, Infinity or simply XbBox?

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A surprise launch in May? Did Microsoft learn nothing from Sega's disastrous launch of the Saturn?

3. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

They're just releasing some details about the device, there's no way they're in actual production of the box this far in advance. We'll get a name, some specs, some games (almost assuredly Halo 5) and a vague launch window. Actual pricing and a date will probably be announced sometime in September.

4. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's not a launch in the sense that it's going on sale tomorrow. It's more of a press conference and demonstration of what they're developing for the new console that will likely be released later in the year.
    We'll probably see the actual machine, surely they won't make the same mistake Nintendo made when revealing the WIIU and the confusion the followed because they never actually made the point of saying until their press conference was over, that it was a new console and not just a new controller for the Wii.

Well also probably see a new controller, though I hope they don't deviate from the current controller much. I'd be entirely fine if they just stuck with the current controller, though I doubt they'll do that since selling controllers makes a lot of money.

We'll also probably see a variety of game trailers and a hand full of demos, ranging from the usual Microsoft exclusive titles. Though I'm hoping that they've got a few new IP's in their back pocket as well. Microsoft could stand to use a few more exclusive titles.

And of course, whatever new changes are being planned for Xbox Live will certainly play a large part in their presentation. This includes not only the expansion of multiplayer gaming, but also their continued move towards being a hub for home entertainment. I wouldn't be surprised at all, if Microsoft has locked up some exclusive deals for premium content, much in the same way they led the way with Netflix. Microsoft has deep pockets and has a long track record of throwing money at whoever will take it in order to lock in exclusive deals to make sure the Xbox gets new content first.

Needless to say, I'm very interested to see what happens tomorrow and I'll definitely be watching the live stream. I'll probably watch on IGN.

5. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know, guys. It was a joke at MacLeod's expense for calling the unveiling of the new Xbox a launch.

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Yes but Launch can mean "To introduce to the public or to a market"

But there was always going to be one who was going to go with the console being released. ;)

And can a mod fix the title I've swapped and I and C in the title. Thanks

7. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The reveal tomorrow probably wont have too many specifics about games, their strategy is to reveal the hardware and its capabilities tomorrow and showcase the games at E3.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Not exactly a suprise, will maybe keep a bit of buzz about the console.

9. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i'll try to stay up and watch

10. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Happy Xbox Eve everybody!! Looking to see what if anything will differentiate it from the PS4.

11. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hope they focus on the games, as long as the spec is up to scratch, I don't care about Kinect and all that rubbish just give me a decent spec console and good games.

12. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

13. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

14. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I'm all set! My first live thread ever!
    So psyched!

15. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The presentation had better start when the countdown timer hits 0:00 or I'm getting a PS4.

0:19 left...

16. Chris3123

And here we go!

Watching on Spike.

17. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Watching on the XBox Live

18. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Spielberg!

19. Chris3123

And JJ Abrams. ;)

20. Chris3123

It's called XBOX One.

The controller looks pretty much the same, thankfully.