That damned Karl Urban!!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by data65, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. data65

data65 Lieutenant Red Shirt

He sure had me , and all of us fooled.:p But really it's obvious that the villan is not Gary Mitchell, not Green. It's freaking Kahn. He's the only TOS character to fit. There are too many hints. The one that convinced me was the hand on the glass in the Japanese version.
    The writers were smart to make us believe it was Mitchell because we would have been dumping on a Kahn story from the moment we heard about it. But now... now I think it's brilliant!!! BTW, I'm not the only one who thinks it's Kahn. Check out this link.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...trailer-Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-unveiled.html

Just my opinion folks and I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
    Ok, flame away :guffaw:

2. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

You're wrong. It's Lazarus. Has to be.

Or

It's Garth. Has to be.

Or

It's Mitchell. Has to be.

Or

It's a manifestation of Landru. Has to be.

Or

It's the son of Kodos. Has to be.

Or...and I know it's a radical thought...it's a new character. They didn't say the main villain is a TOS character. They said a familiar TOS character would be in the movie.

3. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

The hand on the glass clip is probably just a distraction. Abrams probably only put it in the Japanese trailer to troll us.

4. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Whoever wrote the article probably got Khan from IMDB without really researching it. It might be Khan, but I doubt the Daily Mail has a source that nobody else has.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It is Garth of Izar. Why? Because that would be the most awesome.

6. rocketdave

rocketdave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You're all crazy. It's obviously a group of tribbles in a clever Benedict Cumberbatch disguise. Has to be.

Just because there's a shot of people putting their hands on a window doesn't mean Khan has to be the bad guy. There were a couple references to Wrath of Khan in the last movie too, but Khan wasn't the villain in that one.

7. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wasn't he? Khan is the phantom menace behind everything.

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Maybe Karl Urban offered to drop a red herring in return for better billing.

9. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

That is best theory I've heard yet! :lol:

I'm hoping it's not Khan. That story has been done. While it would be cool, we're in an alternate universe now and I would prefer to see another villain or even another original one, as Nero was done well in the last movie.

10. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

It ain't Kahn. At the moment, I don't know who it is. It could be any number of characters. Whoever it is ... when JJ decides it is time to tell. And then we'll know for certain. At the moment, this is great ... as it's getting people talking about Star Trek, as next year is gonna be a strong year for space based movies. And Star Trek will be one of the big hits.

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

[​IMG]

Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.