Big Bang Theory/Spock Video

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by spockfan, Nov 12, 2008.

1. spockfan

spockfan Cadet Newbie

2. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

What episode is that from, I don't remember it?

3. Atlas

Atlas Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm pretty sure that's not from an episode. It has to be a special few scenes they made as an ad. The Clone Wars cartoon reference certainly would have had to have been in the past few episodes, and it definitely wasn't there.

4. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Man, I love this show.

5. nacelle

nacelle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I tried clicking on the link above to watch the clip and got a message saying 'This video is not available in your country.' What the hell? Since when is youtube country specific? Is there any way to circumvent this?

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

It may be because the clip is put up by CBS. Networks often exercise control over who gets to see what content when and where, though I'm not sure of how one would go about doing that on YouTube.

7. nacelle

nacelle Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well there was an episode on E4 about 3 weeks ago, the second episode of series 2, and there was a bit at the end with Sheldon dressed up as Spock. They were at some medieval fair. I was wondering if that was what the clip was?
    The internet is supposed be world wide, hence WWW - World Wide Web! Not country specific web. Otherwise whats the point!

8. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

It wasn't that. What I saw was a bit involving a more elaborate form of the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" game called "rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock".

Not my idea, but in a world which includes corporate entities and copyrighted material, it's going to be something closer to country-specific when it comes to content owned by and posted by a corporate entity called a television network. Their rules, basically.

The BBC controls availability of content in the same way: what you can see on their site from your computer in the UK today is not necessarily the same as what I'll be allowed to see from mine here in the U.S., and there are similar divisions between content available in the U.S. and in Canada. As with the ad content you see, what you'll be able to access (or not access) is most often determined by the location of your ISP.