Star Trek: NX-01 Auditions

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by terralindaent, Jan 17, 2010.

1. terralindaent

terralindaent Cadet Newbie

GM Grantham Productions is now Terra Linda Entertainment!

We're looking to revamp the original and have the following roles open:

Jonathan Archer
    Starring character
    Male, 30s/40s
    Tenor
    Character description: passionate, wise, strong
    Tone of audition: Nostalgic, strong, knowledgeable, wise

Up until about a hundred years ago there was one question that burned in every human, that made us study the stars and dream of traveling to them - are we alone? Our generation is privileged to know the answer to that question. We are all explorers - driven to know what's over the horizon, what's beyond our own shores... Yet, the more I've experience, the more I've learned - that no matter how far we travel, or how fast we get there... The most profound discoveries are not necessarily beyond that next star... They're within us. Woven into the threads that bind us - all of us, to each other. A final frontier begins in this hall. Let's explore it together.

Anna Hess
    Recurring character
    Female, late 20s/early 30s
    Soprano
    Character description: young, vivacious, strong,
    Tone of audition: slightly panicked, professional

This is Hess, sir. Commander Tucker’s unconscious and Engineering took some heavy damage from that last hit, sir. Panels are sparking everywhere. We have two others with minor injuries and one with severe plasma burns. Phlox is taking care of them as we speak. And Novokavitch. ::sobs:: He’s dying.

John Frederick Paxton
    Recurring character
    Male, late 30s/early 40s
    Baritone
    Character description: cynical, hateful, spiteful, cold
    Tone of audition: mocking, joyous, cold

Surely you recall the hostility that greeted your people’s attempts to hold back Earth’s warp program. And that was only the beginning of your plans, was it not? You were isolating us in an attempt to eliminate us. You hoped that the fighting amongst the nations of Earth would resume and your people would then leave us to our destruction. You feared that we would become stronger…that we would soon have the power to annihilate you. Our goal is merely self-preservation…conserving the human race. We are conserving our heritage.

Joseph Decker
    One-time character
    Male, early/mid 30s
    Any
    Character description: confident, full of himself
    Tone of audition: overconfident, commanding

Most likely a sensor anomaly.
    What are the odds, Ensign, that it was anything more than a sensor anomaly?
    Hold our current position, Ensign. No more arguments.

Garrett Hawk
    One-time character
    Male, mid/late 20s
    Any
    Character description: confident, bitter
    Tone of audition: confident, bitter

Shouldn’t we look into it further, sir?
    Slim to none, sir. But we should still investigate further to be sure. We didn’t detect the Xyrillians in our wake three years ago until the ship’s systems started malfunctioning.

Leah Wyatt
    Recurring character
    Female, late 20s
    Soprano
    Character description: intelligent, capable, positive
    Tone of audition: intelligent, capable, positive

These are scans taken earlier this morning while you and the others were on the planet. We started getting some odd sensor readings. The proximity alarm would go off and a strange object would show up on sensors, but would disappear before we could get a better picture. Lieutenant Decker told us to ignore it. But when the same readings came up later, I had Ensign Kelly and Lieutenant Carver work together to see what they could decipher from the readings.
    Yes, sir. At approximately the same time you provided us with for the Commanders’ kidnapping, we picked up that same signature. It’s a ship, Sir. A mining ship from the comparisons we’ve made to ships in the database.

Ankita
    One-time character
    Female mid/late 40s
    Any
    Indian (as in from India)
    Character description: mysterious, wise, romantic, generous
    Tone of audition: mysterious, wise, romantic, generous

(Additional lines will be sent post-audition)
    It would more than make up for the remaining 5000 stones if I knew that this was being given in the name of love. Besides, by selling it to you for 1000 tikara stones, I am already making a profit of 995 tikara stones. That will be enough to feed my children for several weeks.

Woman 1
    One-time character
    Female, early 20s/mid 30s
    Any
    Character description: Any
    Tone of audition: excited, puzzled

Where’d he go?

Woman 2
    One-time character
    Female, early 20s/mid 30s
    Any
    Character description: Any
    Tone of audition: excited

Come on, girls! He won’t get far!

Alien Chief
    One-time character
    Male, mid/late 50s
    Any
    Character description: wise, strong
    Tone of audition: wise, strong, sacred

Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and throughout the years you will share together. May happiness be your companion and your days as husband and wife be well and long upon the earth.

Treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulty and fear assail your relationship, as they threaten all relationships at one time or another, remember to focus on what is right between you, and not only on what seems wrong. In this way, you can ride out the storms when clouds hide the face of the sun in your lives -- remembering that, even if you lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is always there. And if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight. To signify your acceptance of this joining of your lives, you will mark one another with the ashes of the dawn lotus.

Alien Woman
    One-time character
    Female, mid/late 20s
    Character description: naïve, young
    Tone of audition: happy, nervous, naïve, young

With the ashes of this precious flower, I mark thee as mine until the Gods part us.

Alien Man
    One-time character
    Character description: strong, wise, protective
    Tone of audition: happy, nervous, strong, wise, protective

With the ashes of this precious flower, I mark thee as mine until the Gods part us.

Guard 1
    One time character
    Male, early/late 30s
    Character description: cold, cynical, hateful, spiteful

We’ve found them, sir.
    We simply await your command.

Guard 2
    One time character
    Male, early/late 30s
    Character description: cold, cynical, hateful, spiteful, venomous
    Tone of audition: cold, cynical, hateful, spiteful, venomous

Vulcan bitch.

Erika Hernandez
    Recurring character
    Female, late 30s/early 40s
    Character description: strong, independent, naïve, compassionate
    Tone of audition: confident, teasing

We snuck away. On the way, we made contact with the Challenger, Swiftfire and Dauntless. Besides, two ships against six isn’t exactly a fair fight. I figured we’d even the odds a little.

Gannet Brooks
    Recurring character
    Character description: confident, strong, independent
    Tone of audition: somber

[COLOR=#323d4f]Travis,[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#323d4f] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#323d4f]There’s a news story I thought you might like to see. I finally managed to hack into the s-o-b’s computer. Unfortunately, the security codes on his computer prevented me from deleting it. I’ve sent it in an encoded file. Your linguist, Hoshi, can help you sort it out. Before you delete this message, read what Arkle has to say. You might want to share this with Reed, Tucker, and T’Pol as well.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#323d4f] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#323d4f]Gannett[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#323d4f] [/COLOR]
    P-S—Despite what you think, I’m not a Terra Prime agent nor was I ever one. I’m just a reporter looking for the truth.

Send all audtions to terralindaentertainment@gmail.com in mp3 format, CD quality.

2. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Umm. Where are you shooting this? Is this a film or audio production? A website link would be nice or posting more info about this project.

3. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

^ What you said, and are we supposed to be ad-libbing or something?

4. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool Barb, but the OP should have put more info in the post as to what this production was etc.., just saying. :)

6. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

No argument, Fleetlord. But it's sure nice to have an index... so nice that I made one...

YOW! I just broke my arm patting myself on the back...

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

It's cool, your site is a great index, you should pat yourself on the back.