Daniel Tosh

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Most comedians these days I don't like, most of the more popular ones are to crude and vulgar for my tastes and I'm not exactly a prude. But I don't need to hear jokes filled with nothing but racial slurs, swear words and vulgarities to find it funny. Some of my more favorite comedians used that stuff sparingly and when they did use it they made it funny. Other favorites of mine used vulgarities as an artform to make it hillarious.

Give me a good, early 90s, Tim Allen stand-up routine over anything Dave Chappelle any day.

Daniel Tosh, who I enjoy on Tosh.0, recently had a special on Comedy Central (aired a few times over the last week or two) that I found hillarious. His style of comedy works for me. I certainly wouldn't call him "one of the greats" but he can make me laugh pretty good.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm a fan of Daniel Tosh. No, he's not amazing, but he makes me laugh, which is more than I can say for a lot of comedians.

3. Joy

Joy Commodore Commodore

I like watching "Bananas Comedy" (though I don't think it's aired here in Springfield). I think it may be ministry-run based on some of the interviews on the show, but from what I can recall (haven't watched in a while), there's really not a lot of religious-based humor (and what there is of it is unlikely to offend non-believers). Whatever the case, it's branded as a comedy show that the whole family can watch. All the humor is clean and pretty darn funny.

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I like Daniel Tosh too. He's a total smart-:censored: that enjoys being one, and yet isn't remotely afraid to poke fun at himself.

But I wouldn't exactly call him totally clean, though. Comedy Central does have to frequently bleep him, even on Tosh.0 (he even made a segment of it once)...

5. Trekker4747

Well, no, few comedians are completely clean. But some comedians curse for the sake of cursing. Others use it as an art form (Carlan, Pryor), most just curse in the natural flow of the joke. Which is fine.

But there's plenty of comedians I've seen who just curse and speak nasty shit for the sake of doing it. Some poster around here a while back linked to an audio of a comedian describing Rush Limbauch in naked in a spa having all sorts of nasty sexual acts performed in her (many involving scat), just wasn't funny to me.

I can handle the occasional "dirty joke" or crude word use, but when it overtakes your act? Not for me.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Daniel Tosh is hilarious! He says the most awful things. :D I love "Tosh.O". Thank god it wasn't yet another one season wonder at Comedy Central. Season premiere was last night!

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Tosh is solid. I enjoy his blink and you'll miss it style. Sometimes his references come so far out of left field that, if you have to stop and think about it, you'll miss the next joke. Overall, not great, but still fun.

8. SlyCardie

SlyCardie Commander Red Shirt

Pretty funny and really sarcastic which I appreciate. Definitely a fan of Tosh.0, it's great drunk watching...

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

His stand-up isn't bad. I can't stand Tosh.0, though, as he makes no effort to hide that he's reading from a teleprompter.

10. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw his special last weekend, it was pretty good. I liked the theme of going with a joke until only six poeple get it.

Tosh.0 is funny as well. Not a fan of the V-neck though.

11. Trekker4747

I meant to enter a suggestion for his next "clothing theme."

Sweater vests! He could come out every night lookling Chandler!