Debris from 9/11 plane found 12 years on

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Candlelight, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/8612363/Plane-part-was-from-9-11-plane

I find it amazing no one found this for 12 years given the size of it. Then again I have no idea what state it's in.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Saw that. A pretty interesting and poignant story after all these years since the attacks. The conspiracy theorists are already concocting stories that it was planted there by lowering it on a rope (a battered old rope is attached to this piece of the plane) in order to further cement the "proof" that civilian airliners hit the Twin Towers that day (i.e. the predictable "Inside Job" and Truther idiots).

It'll be interesting to follow the developments surrounding this find.

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

New York. :devil:;)

It looks too narrow to be a passable alley, and with the debris wedged a floor above ground level, if you noticed it at all, it would probably just look like a piece of junk to anyone who didn't know better. Still, pretty amazing.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: :guffaw: OH SNAP

5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Glad it was something a bit smaller than a landing gear and more believable for not being noticed for a while. When they first reported it, I couldn't fathom how nobody could have not noticed an entire bloody landing gear for the past 12 years! Gratified that the media finally got around to temporarily unfucking itself to report what really happened.

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

[Conspiracy Theorists]Impossible! We all know there never were any planes.[/Conspiracy Theorists]

7. Garrovick

Garrovick Commander Red Shirt

Makes one wonder how many other pieces of debris may be wedged behind something in that area. As densely packed as Lower Manhattan is, they may still be finding small pieces years from now. Probably some will be so small that no one will realize what they are and they'll just get disposed of like any random piece of trash.

8. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes and some of those "Nuts" are saying a missile blew up that fertilizer plant in Texas as well.

9. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Really, I hadn't seen those. I did see people on another forum theorizing it was planted by right wingers. The building it is behind is the same building that houses the ground zero masque. They were theorizing that right wingers placed stolen wreckage from 9/11 there to help drum up more anti-most press since it is no longer a community center, just a masque, and none of the non masque activities have been canceled.

One person was even suggesting that the contractors who took the 9/11 wreckage were members of the mob, and that the mob were adding the right wingers.:wtf:

I know someone who has done surveying jobs in the city. He said there are places between buildings there where the only people ever to go are surveyors. His company had a job once where the gap between buildings was only like 12 to 14 inches.

10. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    All of the conspiracy theorists on all sides are wrong and they're being their usual paranoid-idiot selves. This was simply a piece of hijacked airliner debris that was propelled a distance from the Towers the day of the attacks and fell into a narrow, largely ignored space between two nearby buildings. Who knows what else from the morning of 9/11 has yet to be stumbled upon due to the huge impacts and explosions and the colossal, billowing clouds of smoke and debris that spread across Manhattan that tragic day.

We might still be finding small remnants of buildings, airplanes and victims for years to come.