Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Jun 3, 2013.

1. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Daniel Craig! He's a workaholic and thus perfect for Television. Then we could get Jason Statham to play The Master.

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Unless....It's the Prince? :devil:

3. chelly

chelly Commander Red Shirt

Would he regenerate and appear in his birthday suit?

4. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

5. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

But hard to argue. It must be true.

6. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rachel Weisz said once in an interview that she would have loved to be a companion, but they stopped making the series when she was just getting old enough to be the right age, and didn't re-start making it for almost 15 years.

7. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Had been about to post about this: apparently, it'll be on from 7pm to 7.30pm on BBC1 this Sunday (the 4th August), replacing the scheduled repeat of Celebrity Mastermind.
    The actual show is the 'We Love Doctor Who ' pilot which is being shot at Elstree this Sunday, except that We Love Doctor Who was only ever a cover story for the actual announcement programme. So anyone who got a ticket for it got lucky!

8. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, good. I didn't like the idea of hearing it second hand, even if it probably would just be less than a minute later. ;)

[​IMG]

:whistle:

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Of course Harry Houdini was great friends with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the man who wrote Sherlock Holmes, and Sherlock Holmes famously was a master of disguise who once disguised himself as a binman...yes that's right the 12th Doctor is Dusty Bin!

By way of explanation for the 95% of people who probably have no idea what I'm talking about :lol:

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

The Digital Spy people were saying that it was a non-British actor best known for a sitcom but who had appeared in a period drama. From that, try suggested O'Dowd (Irish, IT Crowd, Tipping the Velvet) and Ardal O'Hanlon (Irish, Father Ted, Greyfriars Bobby). But I'd say that Robert Sheehan (Irish, Misfits, The Tudors) is a better guess. That's assuming the clues which the poster on their BBS gave are right.

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Sheehan would be even younger than Smith! O'Hanlon I can't imagine (not remotely convinced he's good enough an actor) O'Dowd would be interesting, he can do comedic and straight roles (he was great in The Crimson Petal and the White) and I like him a lot, but as I said before I just can't see him taking a role like the Doctor at this point in his career.

Although the more I think about it the more I hope I'm wrong.

12. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Hasn't O'Dowd just moved to LA though? Would seem an odd choice to have to move back here for 9 months of the year to do Doctor Who when his Hollywood career is starting to take off.

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Which was my point. A few years ago maybe, or in a few years time maybe, but right now he has a lot on, or seems to.

14. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that person had been trying to make people think it was O'Dowd, which got scuppered when O'Dowd took to Twitter to make jokes about looking for his "big scarf". Unsurprisingly, they haven't popped back up since.

15. Captaindemotion

^I found the weight that people on DS were placing on the poster's comments surprising. Perhaps he's someone who has been proven right in the past, I don't know (I'm not a regular there and only visited after the link was published here) or is known to have connections in the BBC.

But even still, they made the automatic deduction that 'Non-British' automatically equalled Irish, which (being Irish) is flattering but somewhat narrow-minded. There was a lot of putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 (or 50). And O'Dowd has to be a very unlikely suggestion for the reasons already listed above.

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I still wonder if Rory Kinnear hasn't been protesting too much. Gotta admit it is an exciting time (much as I'd rather Smith was staying)

17. Captaindemotion

Incidentally, were the Beeb using the code word Houdini or Whodini?

I'm kinda hoping for Sam West.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'd still love it to be Siddig myself, but his name hasn't even been mentioned (although technically he isn't British...)

19. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it would have defeated the point if the used the "W"...

20. Captaindemotion

^ I know, but IIRC I saw another site using that spelling last night.