Trublood Season 6 discussion *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Q2UnME, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

I thought she was taking them out as she was getting ready for bed. I don't know; I was only half paying attention. I just hope they do something with Lafayette, and I do like the fact that Sam's storyline seems to be going in a better direction than last season. That's good.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Hopefully this is just due to the residual V left in his system and he gets his level head back soon.

3. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

stj has a point (one that was expanded on in this article), it's a very flawed metaphor. In the real world, people's rationalization of their objection to homosexuality is due to what they see as "moral" reasons which I think we can all agree are BS. But in the True Blood world people object to vampires because they think vampires are murderers. And, they're right, in the True Blood world vampires are murderers.

It boils down to: it's ridiculous to lump gay people all into one category based on their sexuality. But it seems pretty rational to lump all TB vampires together since, from what we've seen on the show, they really are all murderers.

I can't think of one vampire in the show (except for possibly Stephen Root's character from several seasons back...but it's been a while) who hasn't killed somebody just because they wanted to.

Don't get me wrong, I like the show and enjoy the use of the metaphor, I just think it falls apart when you put some thought into it.

Also, it bears repeating that the werewolf characters are annoying and pointless and I wish they would all leave the show.

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Just because they use a metaphor on a show or movie to make a point doesn't mean you have to carry it to its furthest possible extent or apply the metaphor to every aspect of that show or movie even when it doesn't follow. The X-Men were used as a metaphor for homosexuality as well, but that doesn't mean they're implying that there's also a Brotherhood of Evil Gays out there trying to destroy straight people.

RJ, S/U Fan is right, the governor's daughter was removing the contacts before going to bed, that's why Eric's glamoring worked on her.

I hope they don't screw up Alcide's character. He's not particular compelling (and everything about the werewolves is tedious as hell), but it was nice having a secondary character with principles and morals you could admire. Now if they're going to turn him into a power mad asshole out of nowhere for the sake of DRAMA!, that's going to get irritating.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Good point. I assumed they were setting up Eric for another capture.

Indeed. I don't want them to mess up Alcide.

Ah, I didn't realize that he had successfully glamoured her. I saw one little scene go by while Jessica was praying, but I wasn't sure what was happening.

6. RJDiogenes

I rewatched the scene and she was definitely taking the contacts out. I still don't know what the hell was going on in the montage, though. :rommie:

7. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Well, last nights episode didn't seem to hit on all cylinders. Very uneven. Has some really good character moments followed by other characters acting very, uhm, er, very uncharacteristic. WTF are the doing with the werewolf story line?

Well, Jessica in the "naughty school girl" outfit was a plus...

Q2

8. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

And she seduced Buck Bokai!

9. RJDiogenes

Good Grief, Steve is back. :rommie:

Well, I certainly got a kick out of Bill's triumphant greeting of the morning sun. Oops. Not too triumphant. Guess he's not all powerful quite yet. :D

Looks like Sam's storyline will involve the last surviving member of the activists. But if he can turn into anything, why doesn't he turn into a gorilla or an elephant or something that can do some real damage; he always turns into owls or flies.

And the governor's daughter is a vampire sympathizer. That explains the look on her face when he came to her window-- I thought she was faking him out, but she just didn't need to be glammed.

10. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw a post on another site that asked why doesn't Sam get down to an aquarium, imprint some stuff and turn into a whale right in the middle of the werewolf pack. I would love to see that. SPLAT!

11. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A hurt/comfort scenario for Jason? Comfort from Sookie? Who are these people?

12. RJDiogenes

That would be awesome. :D

I also want to hear him say, "Size of an elephant!"

13. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Is there anyone who thinks Ben is NOT Warlow? I mean come on, they have never shown a good image of this guy and Warlow drank the blood of 3 faeries so he may have some of there powers for a little while. Could be a red herring, but i don't think this show is that smart.

14. Locutus of Bored

Unless it's completely magical in nature (which is possible), I would assume there's some sort of upper and lower size limit. Like, if Sam turns into a cockroach, it would be an ultra-dense, extremely heavy roach, and if Sam turned into a whale, it would be extremely light and fragile.

I think he is too, but the only reason I'm not completely dismissing the red herring idea is that they're really beating us over the head with the idea of him being Warlow. I mean, Warlow's interested in faeries, and he's found covered in fae blood after a fight. Sookie sends him to the faery disco and suddenly they're all dead inside and he's laying down outside all disheveled again and seemingly recovering from a blood bender. They make sure to go into all the loopholes in the vampire rules that Bill can now circumvent thanks to being sort of a progeny of Lilith, which explains why Ben is able to circumvent those rules himself. Warlow has a fascination with Sookie and now Ben is there trying to kindle a romance with her, while gathering information at the same time.

Yeah, the show is not exactly subtle, but they're really making it obvious that he's Warlow if that's the ultimate plan, so much so that any reveal is going to be completely anticlimactic. Regardless of what happens though, there's definitely something off about Ben.

15. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I must admit I did ponder such a thing when he first shifted into fly form. Of course, the writers have to purposefully limit his shifting so that he doesn't become too powerful.

16. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Well grandpa seems to sense when Warlow is around so i find hard to believe if Ben were Warlow he would not know, or have a sense of it somehow. Here is a thought, could Warlow be half fairy and half vampire? He comes from Liliths time so who knows. As for Ben, if he is not Warlow maybe he is working for Warlow.

17. Locutus of Bored

I don't know how attuned his senses are, because the last time he thought he sensed Warlow it turned out to be Nora.

Yeah, I had the same thought about Warlow possibly being half-fae, or having consumed so much of their blood that he's taken on some of their properties, much like Russel being able to walk in the sun after feeding on them.

Ben working for him makes sense to, though I have to wonder why they made such an effort to conceal Warlow's face if he wasn't going to appear under an alias first.

18. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Am I the only one who feels like Jason's "inner fae" is starting to awaken? He's having an awful lot of headaches lately, and the whole thing with his alleged hallucinations hint at piercing into another realm, similar to what the fae can do.

19. Locutus of Bored

That would be a nice bit of comeuppance to his fae grandfather who keeps giving Jason crap about how it skipped over him. And they do seem awfully fixated on pointing out that Jason isn't fae, so it could be a misdirect, and he'll eventually be revealed to have some powers.

20. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^Jason remembering being glamored then would be a hint, not a continuity error? It is obvious that Bill is interested in fairies for vampire research, so they could be setting up Jason as suitable for breeding with #1, 2, 3 & 4?
    (They could also really invest in the True Blood image and have Bill inbreed Sookie and Jason to fix fairy traits.)

But overall, I'd rather prefer that we keep more human characters on the show. It's now very logical that Jason not be different in some way, but that's the way it's been for years now. If they want to do something, bring back Hoyt. They could have Hoyt now open to a menage a trois with Jessica or something.