What happened to the rest of Vengeance's Section 31 crew?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cadet49, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Makarov

Makarov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Isn't this the reason that they added the "Are you starfleet or private security" line? So that we wouldn't be worrying about them when they explode.

2. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

ROLLER!!! PRIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was to further emphasize the sneakiness of Marcus' plan. That he couldn't bring on star fleet regulars... he needed paid muscle that didn't need to think, just obey.

3. ChowdaHead

ChowdaHead Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

who's to say there was any one else aboard besides those that we saw on film. the ship was designed so that if need be just one person could fly it. those that engaged in hand to hand combat with khan and friends were knocked out. obviously we all saw those aboard the bridge get stunned.

4. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Warp cores don't breach in this universe unless you really want them to. Even with the torpedoes: Scotty wasn't worried about them causing a warp core breach so much as the torpedoes affecting the containment field and allowing the reactor to irradiate the entire crew.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Fuck Abrams!

How dare he rape my childhood by not making warp cores out of tissue paper?!? :lol:

6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

:lol:

In TOS, it seemed that the danger was always the hull breaking apart at high speed or the nacelles blowing off the pylons, or vague mentions of "blowing up" in general.

So their core could take a fair beating apparently, so it's just the 24th century lava lamps that were so fragile. I'm surprised it was safe to sneeze near the things.

7. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

A lost scene from TNG: Ensign Crusher Sneezes as he walks past engineering; containment alarm sounds; computer starts countdown to warp core breech; blast door begins to drop; Geordi rolls under at the last second.

Geordi: Damn it, that's the third time today.

8. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps they should have installed a sneeze guard.

9. JediKnightButler

JediKnightButler Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

All killed I imagine. I feel like Khan's survival was a bit incredulous, particularly given the instantaneous detonation of 75 torpedoes INSIDE the ship and then crashing on Earth. I would've preferred to have had him beam out of ship at the last second or hit an escape pod. Having him just hop off the ship afterwards just seemed a bit hokey but I gave the film some leeway because Khan is an augment after all. OTOH of course, most of the TNG crew were able to survive the crash of the NCC-1701-D, so...............

10. Makarov

Makarov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love the scene where he hops off the ship. I always wonder if that expression on Khan's face is a fear of heights.

11. Mister Spock

Mister Spock Commander Red Shirt

They were probably scraped off the walls by a Starfleet Cleanup Team.

12. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To be fair, he is a long way up. Even an augmented human has to have some limits!

13. Pasi Nurminen

Pasi Nurminen Lieutenant Commander

The Enterprise-D's crash was more of a controlled crash-landing that the saucer was basically designed for.

I'm sure the rest of the Vengeance's crew were killed. They were all basically redshirts anyways.