Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by teacake, Mar 10, 2014.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So anyone still playing? I am enjoying it the utter destruction of the latest living world thing.

2. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Nah. Not really. Every so often I get bored, make a new character and play up to level 5 or 6 and then get MEGA bored and delete said character.

For me, MMOs are only fun in the lower levels.

3. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

I play off and on. I really enjoy the game, but I have a hard time focusing 100% on one game - that, and I have had little luck convincing the guy that I play all of my games with to jump ship to it from WoW.

I am currently playing though. I got my warrior's weaponsmithing up to 400 recently, and I'm working on the 450 grind. That is a long one. I also finished my meta achievement for the Battle of Lion's arch, but I need another 220 Blade Shards to get the exotic back, so I don't think that's happening by Tuesday.

4. teacake

I have 8 million blade shards.. according to forums we will be able to "do something" with spare ones, they said not to delete them. Best way is to just bag farm. I'm bag farming for tomes to lvl my engineer as I am apparently still burned out on lvling alts from years of WoW. Actually years of WoW has completely coloured how I play GW2, only just decided to do a craft after swearing off them. Have farmed luck up to 172% though.

I like the different races and how non human some of them are.

5. Hoser

Hoser Hoser Super Moderator

I felt bad for the guys that deleted them. If not for life craziness I likely would have after making a few backpieces worth.
    I was playing WvW a lot, but my server lost a major guild so we become the drive through for tower farmers every night when the American population sleeps. I do like the living story stuff, was a little sad when they killed Twilight Sparkle but excited that she woke up Spike first. Sometimes I do the world boss train, we used to do it as a guild before they buffed everything.
    The funny thing is, my favourite race to play is Asuran, but my main character is my only Norn.

6. teacake

My main is a Charr (basically I'm recreating my orc) but my Asuran may well take over in the main department.. I keep thinking this is what gnomes were supposed to be in WoW but never really got enough development on. Very interesting race.

As to the deleting, well nothing else was ever useful that was tied to an event so it's not surprising. I have one character whose bags are full of them, he's my closet. I try and follow the forums, and see some stuff on tumblr, it does add to the game as far as people's lore discoveries and actual information. Learned what NPC's died that way etc..

I go through phases with the world boss train, it's useful, it's fun and sometimes it's utterly tedious but that's what music is for :lol:

7. teacake

Hey guess what I found, an Engineering trainer named Belanna!

[​IMG]

8. teacake

So yesterday someone told me that my original realm on WoW was experiencing a drama meltdown due to being smushed together with another realm. I jut had to see this (this realm was always a train wreck) and I made a trial account and ran up to Stormwind to check it out. Yes it was hilarious and made me miss trade chat (so shoot me) but OMG everything was so cartoony after GW2.

So. Very. Cartoony.

9. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

I bought this game back in Dec of 13, I bought the Legendary edition after watching the Angry Joe Review of it. I have a couple of friends who have been playing WoW for years and one of them tried really hard to get me into it I just didn't like Wow at all, It seemed alot of the High level people in chat were snooty. Thus killing the social fun of the game. Guild wars 2 looks cool, the races seem neat, but I'm not really sure how to play the game, you make a charicter and your just kinda there after that. maybe I'm not in the right frame of mind, I wanna like it though, it's still on my hard drive. graphics are pretty good on my laptop.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

so, just like the screen cap in the post above yours?

11. Hoser

A few more days until they change everything again. I'm kinda hoping they start rebuilding LA soon, I'm tired of not seeing anyone from my server outside of WvW.

Then again, everything's going to be megaservers soon anyway.

12. teacake

I love the megaserver!!

Okay, there is sucky stuff. My nice little civilized server is gone and map chat is eye rolling, lucky for me I have affection for crapping on in map chat. No it's not the Barrens but I am on a EU server so I suspect this improves things.

But what I love is seeing people everywhere! And the champ train in Orr and temple runs are going on all the time, whenever I log on I can find people somewhere doing something. Rata Sum is fairly awesome for RP though I'm guessing if I started out on an RP serer I might be not so thrilled.. but atm it's a hilarious place to hang out in.

13. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Well, started playing again after a hiatus of 18 months...
    Created 3 new toons and i'm keeping my level 47 engineer with leatherworking for creating bags and patches...
    So i have 2 human engineers, 1 Asuran Necromancer and a Sylvari Warrior, though i might change it to a Charr Guardian...
    So i have will have a Soldier, a Scholar and an Adventurer class...

14. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

Agreed! Low-level non-meta group events are actually doable, even off-peak! :eek:

15. Hoser

Wow nice. I used to be in a Euro server, but I and my entire guild migrated off because there was never anything going in Vabbi. Now tiny Fergie's Crossing seems as busy as Blackgate.
    I guess with the megas, the only reason to ever migrate is for WvW cred.

16. teacake

The Queensdale train is GONE!

Also, new content sorta.

Here's the code for the Ancestral Outfit skin that has yet to appear in game (and no idea if it will). But you can see from the cliched chinese motif that it's connected to the Festival of Four Winds.

[&DAkAAAA=]

What is interesting about this skin is the gender difference for asuras is pronounced, which is rarely the case. Looks pretty good on the female asura I think. I tried it on my girl charr though and it looks unbelievably pukey :lol:

17. teacake

I haz panda now.

18. SB118_Laxyn

SB118_Laxyn Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I do still play, mostly with my lvl 80 elementalist, or leveling my guardian (only 9 more levels to max woot). Recently I mostly enjoy boss runs, to jump across the map and kill world bosses (and finishing my dailies at the same time). It's the most fun when playing with my friends though, when I play alone I get bored easily. Not because the game is bad, but because it's just more fun to chat over skype while playing ;)