Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Re: Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoi

Not to mention Michael McKean. I would've thought Teri Polo was rather less well-known than he is.

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

A solid episode and it was nice to big two guest stars weren't the killer, that gets annoying at times. However the ending left me a little :rolleyes: because it gave a pretty clear sign to...

Whose going to get killed in the season finale...Montgomery :( the whole hes not going anywhere line and being close to retiring.

3. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

No idea who Teri Polo is, so...

4. Sythena

Sythena Ensign Red Shirt

Castle is probably one of my favorite shows on TV. Nathan Fillion is an amazing actor and Stana Katic is good too (but she is totally weird in real life)

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I know her from season 6 & 7 of West Wing and the Meet The Parents comedy trilogy.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

A manhunt is launched for professional hitman, Hal Lockwood, after he escapes during a court hearing. Lockwood possesses information about the murder of Beckett's mother. As the hunt proceeds, Castle and the team find there's someone with connections to law enforcement who's linked both to the death of Johanna Beckett and to Lockwood's escape. The season finale leads to a highly emotional and deadly conclusion with the search for Lockwood and his co-conspirator.

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Weird how?

8. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't call her weird, but she does have an awkward vibe when you see her in interviews/comic con etc. I think that's just because shes generally a shy person though.

A shy person that's smokin' hot. :drool:

9. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Damn. I have to DVR this one and watch it on Wednesday night.

10. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

That was an awesome finale. He said it. He finally said it! [​IMG]

11. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I need to rewatch that. There goes the theory that he was the big bad, but he never did say who it was. he said he made sure he was done, but then obviously it isn't over. OMG is it winter yet?

12. Christopher

Pretty big stuff going down. It would've carried more weight if the captain had really been a significant character all along rather than just an authority figure who occasionally has a few lines. The fact that Montgomery was so prominent throughout this episode pretty much telegraphed that he was either going to a) get killed, b) turn out to be part of the conspiracy, or c) both. And the way the camera focused on Montgomery when Castle started talking about the third cop, plus the look on Montgomery's face, was kind of a dead giveaway.

Although I'm glad they established that he wasn't the archvillain so much as someone who'd made a terrible mistake and been paying for it ever since. I can't quite say he went out as a hero, since he drew the others in with the specific goal of killing them rather than arresting them, and shot first without warning, which is premeditated murder, not self-defense. I think such means taint the ends. Still, at least he was trying to protect Kate and make amends for his past mistakes.

I hope the new captain next season is a woman. Just for a change of pace.

13. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Um. You did get the part about the bad guys threatened to murder his wife and daughters, right? And Lockwood specifically said he wanted Kate to there so he could kill her too? I don't blame him for firing first. He knew they were armed and he knew why they were there. He also knew he was a dead man.

14. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

which clearly they still exist and he accomplish nothing by mailing that package.

15. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

Man that was a great episode.

Oh Beckett!

It was a great episode and I'm glad that I watch this show. :techman:

16. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

WHAT?!?

I HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE FALL!?

[​IMG]

17. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Did NOT see that coming with Montgomery. Sure, I noticed the focus on him at the above mentioned point. Still, I figured it only meant he was hiding knowledge of who this third copy was, not specifically that he WAS that cop. I completely support his speed-shoot tactic, though. He knew he was not coming out of this alive. That Han Solo choice helped him ensure his family's - and Beckett's - survival. As did his unwillingness to reveal the name of the guy responsible for this.

Chatting about this with my son afterwards, we've been wondering a few things:

- did Beckett hear Castle say "I love you" or was she out of it by then? If she did, it ups things after their argument. If she didn't it gives the writers an out to avoid the resolution and let it ride.

- how does Beckett survive, because she obviously will. Did she or Castle dream this ending? She wasn't wearing a kevlar vest or anything. It's been suggested that she kept Montgomery's flask as a memento, and may have had the old deflection save

- who is this "big bad" that Montgomery refused to reveal? Is it someone we've already seen? They've taken great pains to avoid divulging their name.

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Well I knew he was going to die due to the reitrment line in last weeks episode but how they fitted into the bigger arc was nice and his last stand was fantastic but I will miss him so much.

That was the best episode of Castle to date and probably the finest hour of TV this entire season imo. The cliffhanger felt uneeded though because of course she survives and am guessing she was wearing kevlar and just wak knocked out by the impact, those things can still knock you down even if they don't go through. Due to the clues of how he has gain power then the two most likely candidates for the BIG BAD has to be the mayor or the chief of police...wonder who they will cast for the role?

Its going to be a long summer either way and I wonder who will be casted to join the cast next season to replace our fallen cpt.

19. Christopher

Okay, so he did the wrong thing for the right reasons. But that's more a desperate necessity than a heroic act to be celebrated.

And it didn't ensure Beckett's survival at all, did it? So how do we know his family is safe either? Violence may look like an easy solution, but it rarely is. It usually just perpetuates or worsens problems.

More than likely, she will receive emergency medical treatment in time to save her life. TV and movies tend to show gunshots as instantly fatal or nearly so, but in reality it can take a considerable amount of time to die after being shot, depending on the location of the impact and the type of bullet used. We saw Beckett lose consciousness, which in dramatic code means dying, but maybe she just passed out from loss of blood. Maybe the shot missed a vital area. Indeed, the very fact that she passed out slowly is a good sign. If her heart didn't instantly stop beating or her brain shut down from the shock of impact, then it suggests (if we treat it realistically rather than melodramatically) that the force or internal damage delivered by the bullet can't be too great, and that the main problem is blood loss. Or so it would seem to me based on my limited understanding of these things.

At the very least, she was shot in the middle of a crowd of police officers, people who are trained in rapid response to crisis situations. It's a given that somebody was calling in an ambulance within seconds after the shot was fired. The quicker the response time, the better the odds of surviving a gunshot.

20. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Ok after calming down, this little diddy popped into my mind.

Beckett has to survive, she and him are the spark of the show - however, I think that Beckett is gonna slip into a coma for a while, come out of it and have no memory of Castle. That's gonna reset their relationship to zero and allow them to drag it out for as long as they want.

That is, assuming, if they don't want them two to be together for fear of shark jumping/fridge nuking.